What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Paint looks great!!

3 Likes

@Mead93 Thank you Mead.

2nd session painting base color RAL 7027 Sand Grey today, with a new to me paint…Mr Paint aka MRP for a Dragon Pz III ausf N.

8 Likes

@SableLiger dont sweat it…

5 Likes

I’m not… :smiling_face:

10 Likes

A bit of DIY for my Meng Renault FT (Ammo and racks) and Tiger Models Nagmachon (seats/platforms got forward gunners):

9 Likes

Sprayed Academy Pz III J w/RAL 8020 & RAL 7027 today.

12 Likes

Finally finished final finishing and started throwing paint at my Rolls Royce armored car today. I shot white, black, dark iron, and rubber grey without stopping. Using AK Real Color paints and Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, a magical combination. Will give the white on the tops 48 hours to cure, then mask the tops and paint the sides Navy blue on Friday.

14 Likes

Soldered the tiniest PE parts, I ever assembled for a build- Voyager Models T-34 Ice Cleats:

It was easier than anticipated :wink:

The ice cleats on the T-34 m.1942(Dragon #6424).

I started and built the kit over the last long weekend(Orthodox Easter)- it will be a present to a friend of mine for his 50th birthday and must be ready by May 5th.

Cheers,
Angel

10 Likes

Looking good Angel. What markings if any will be applied?

So I did a thing. Note to self don’t use wife’s Amazon account when ordering expensive tools. Doh!

7 Likes

Rigging on a 1/72 Sunderland and an oil shadow wash on a 1/48 B-17 intakes.

DSC04812 (Small)
DSC04823 (Small)
DSC04826 (Small)

hg

8 Likes

So, I’ve been fighting with the Tirian 4. Lots of fiddly tiny PE bits with no plastic alternative. Several pieces launched and so small that I have been unable to recover them. Oh well. Two of the fuel lines also snapped while I was cleaning them up so I had to remake them out of wire. Should of just done them all and saved myself the aggravation of cleaning them up. No photos but I did manage to get it all together and put down a preshade of dark brown. Will try to get the wife’s phone to post pics tomorrow.

7 Likes

Thanks Ryan!

I intend to use the “Moscow Kolchoz member” decal, that comes with the kit.
Plenty of pictures are available as refferences,among them some of knocked out tanks too(battle damage and stowage):

The timeframe is late winter/early spring 1943, 59th or 60th Tank Regiment,during the post-Stalingrad offensive, that saw Soviet Forces capture Kharkov for the second time and preceeded the Third Battle of Kharkov.

Cheers,
Angel

7 Likes

Very interesting Angel. Look forward to seeing how you complete it.

On a future T-34 build I want to add the ice cleats to the track for something different.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen the ice cleats mounted on the track before. That would be different. Go for it Ryan!

4 Likes

I agree, I don’t think I have either….One day.

3 Likes

Ryan, that’s Voyager Model #PEA079.

The Ice Cleats can be assembled with superglue too, AMOF this is what the instruction suggest(my soldering was a challenge to myself).

Go grab them now, because they might be OOP/OOS when the day comes.

Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

Matt @SSGToms the Rolls is moving along great … looks nice.

Angel @ayovtshev nice progress with the T34, soldering is something I have been thinking about … not sure how well it would go though … I havent soldered anything since I was in SHQ and fixing headsets and cables …

HG @HGBARNES - its all looking good and glad the B17 is still in the process…

And of course Ryan …

Ha ha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you crazy fool :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah! Don’t you have “The Secret Credit Card”? We all do!

5 Likes

I have my own card/bank account but she has the prime account. I mentioned it when ordering and she didn’t care. Must of been the out for delivery email with the cost in the evening that she was awake to see the cost.

5 Likes

Added CIA level management of clandestine slush funds to my list of hobby skills long ago. :blush:

8 Likes