What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Lower hull and running gear on the Magach ready for paint. Sprayed clear flat on the IDF M113. Will dust it up a bit later this afternoon. Will try to post some pictures of both builds.

Weathering the D7 Rome plow here:

Sometimes it helps to see it on the bigger screen.

I need to touch up the master link for the tracks…

8 Likes

Progress on the Magach 2 and IDF M113.

IDF Magach#2

IDF M113#2

10 Likes

You need to check the second roadwheel though,
it doesn’t seem to be a team player …

Thanks, I’ll check.

Did a tiny bit of model building.
Glued the feed tray to the 14.5mm ZPU-1 receiver the other day.
DSC00412
DSC00415

Today I finally glued the Laucher Arm Housing of the Sea Dart together.
DSC00413
DSC00414

5 Likes

Made a second storage box for my ASLAV-R build. Just waiting for it to dry so I can clean up some scribing:

7 Likes

Glued a few parts for the Whippet together at the build night at the hobby shop. Spent a good bit talking with the owner about his new 8k printer and their printing service. I was also showing him what James and Mike have been printing.

2 Likes

A hobby shop offering a 3D printing service, now that is a great idea !

5 Likes

I think you mean dangerous….have to stop myself with James and Mikes prints otherwise I would be throwing a car payment towards 3D parts each month.

3 Likes

Screwing around with the 2S4

5 Likes

So far today painted the lower hull and wheels on the Magach. Also working on some stowage for the M113.

4 Likes

Assembled a Dragon Pz III rear engine deck.

7 Likes

Sitrep from one of my two workbenches today. And I use off the shelf ammo only, so no reloading photos sadly …

7 Likes

The trifecta for me:

Cross drilled another rotor:

Loaded assloads of ammo in four calibers:

And am going to install 3D printed wheels from James Lee on my two R-11 kits.

Now if I just find a stripper who likes plastic models I can go for the grand slam.

8 Likes

Just before lunch painted the rubber on the Magach roadwheels. After lunch did the touch ups on them.

2 Likes

Masks? Tamiya paint markers?

Believe it or not I use a hairy stick. I have this somewhat beat-up old #3 round that I use. Over the years I’ve been able to paint just about a perfect circle around the raised rim. There are some goofs but they are easily touched up. I find it strangely relaxing. Only time that I can remember using a mask was on that M113 above. The rim was so small I couldn’t really see it that well.

1 Like

Why am I not surprised. Most I can get out of my wife when I show her a completed build is a “that’s nice.”

3 Likes

Wives & model building…

Reminds me of when a model building friend came to visit. He was all excited, wanting to show of his most recent build, an artillery piece he felt was his best work ever! He told me over the phone it was his best paint and weathering too.

He made the mistake of asking my wife what she thought of his new build in the foyer. She said dead serious, “It would look better if you painted it. You should fix that big seam in the gun barrel too”.

He visibly wilted on the spot.

It was all the worse because she was pretty much dead on with her comments despite being tactless.

7 Likes