What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Superb. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Making some serious modifications to Tamiya’s Pershing. Added the Panzer Art concrete armor and DEF canvas mantlet and barrel. Will be adding E.T. Models 3d printed tracks to this as well. Slapped some flexible lead weight in the nose of the tank to give it that weighed down look with the added concrete.

8 Likes

Step 1: Prime approximately 1,500 1/350 scale IJN Sailors with thinned Tamiya Flat White

Step 2: Find the officers and begin to paint them using Tamiya Sea Blue to represent winter uniforms

Got a couple done

Step 3 will be finding and painting the uniform of all the pilots

Let the fun continue

10 Likes

Fantastic work, theres not more I can say.

Top job :+1::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Watto.

3 Likes

Carry on!

2 Likes

Today’s workshop adventure, decide which one’s next, Tamiya T-55A or Dragon Pz III ausf N :thinking:

Going poster child for the 20th Century’s other evil empire. :smiling_imp:

This should be an entertaining mess since my familiarity with the T-55A amounts to the Tamiya & Eduard PE instruction sheets.

If someone knows of a handy online T-55A reference please share.

Thank you

10 Likes

Like this?

3 Likes

Scratching on the inside

14 Likes

And then they say armor modellers are a bunch of masochists with the interior and I did tracks! :hushed::hushed:

3 Likes

I don’t set myself any more goals today, I just go on. The last holiday-weekend starts and I have some things to do for my girlfriend too. Since three weeks I say: I do it tomorrow, and she is not very happy with it. I think, I do her jobs tomorrow…:joy:

3 Likes

A day with Mr. Evergreen
And just a peek in the future

15 Likes

My Jagdpanther looks a little different now, but something’s wrong and I can’t make a picture. I’m sure I do something wrong, but don’t know what. Hope, that I can fix it✌
Seems like there is a big thunderstorm on the way to Hannover, sky looks strange.
Have a nice day

2 Likes

Now it worked, but not as usual…

10 Likes

I’m about to start AMT’s 1/1000 USS Excelsior kit and as test-fitting has shown (as well as it being an AMT Star Trek kit) there are lots of gaps that will need filling.

So I made half a spice jar’s worth of sprue goo last night to prepare. Think I need to thicken it up a bit though as it is running like PVC glue right now. The kit came with some really thick trees so I have plenty of raw material.

And now that I have coated the ends of my fingers in a layer of polystyrene I am off to burgle some cats.

2 Likes

Painting & tweaking paint…

19 Likes

Laundry Day…doing the wash…

18 Likes

Very nice! The sandy brown, around the hatch, is that pigment? How do you apply it?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Unpacked an AFV Club M54 and washed the sprues for my M813 build. The PSM twin-tank unit and PanzerArt wheels will be cleaned up tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you.

The sandy brown is a thin pin wash of orange rust enamel paint thinned with cigarette lighter fluid. I use a round 0/3 paint brush to work the wash in and around. Then a dry flat brush to taper and work the edge to avoid tide marks.

4 Likes

It looks very good, I will try it. Thanks!

3 Likes