What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

I decided to set up the Display cabinets first. Hoping it will motivate me to finish the rest of the room quickly :grin:

19 Likes

Drybrushed today and attached log and tow cables

Not sure if this thing should get traditional USSR markings as first planned or Russian special operations “Z” for the Ukraine war.

13 Likes

Fumbling attempt at ground work for the first time in like 25+ years.

Discovered Ammo by MIG’s prefabricated grass mats and chopped one up in hopes of making a narrow dirt road. :flushed: When the glue dries hope to slap some dirt into place…

Also added markings to T-55A

17 Likes

So, as finally better pictures came through, I was able to create Donut machine 1.1, adapted a cabinet in the truck, and now the measurements look much better.

IMG_4426

21 Likes

Red Cross “Clubmobile”.

7 Likes

Homer approves!

12 Likes

That is some really nice scratch building… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While preparing all the 1/350 figures I found that Black Cat developed a unique figure. The figure is of an officer with the bus driver hat, long coat and holding a samurai sword (ok, it might not be a samurai sword but I’m going with it) - this figure got me thinking that I along with my builds I can place a distinct figure on the bridge in representation of the ships captain.

Now I just need to find another unique figure to represent the flag officer…hmmmmmm :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

10 Likes

Amazing!

Maybe this would help?

Fujimi fjm-11150

2 Likes

I trial fitted the workable tracks on my AFV Churchill VII. Tracks look good and seem to fit well however, it looks like they’re the wrong ones for this mark…:melting_face: I’ve really enjoyed the build so and intended to forge ahead regardless. :grinning:

8 Likes

thank you sir - i do have the Fujimi figures - while they were great when they were the only option they are significantly basic in comparison to 3d printed figures!!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry, they fitted what came from store’s, all fitted same sprockets.

3 Likes

@TeeAge WOW! That’s impressive scratch building! Looking forward to seeing more of this fantastic build.

3 Likes

Nice one Frank, I looked at which tracks to get for the Mk VII for a long time before deciding on the AFV heavy type. They went together really well. Thanks for your response, i’ll finish the build which had also been quite enjoyable and i’ll be happy now that it’s correct.

Watto. :+1:

2 Likes

Got some paint down…

Color Specs
• Vallejo Black Primer (73.602)
• Vallejo Exhaust Manifold Metal Color(77.723)
• Vallejo Bloody Red (72.710)
• Vallejo IJA Chrome Yellow (71.135)
• Vallejo Brass (70.801)

—mike …:flying_saucer:

14 Likes

Today’s hobby room adventure…

thomas-the-tank-engine-trains

Plan slap the Fruil tracks on the Tamiya T-55A, slather on Mig’s mud, use the tank to make track marks in the mud and doing some blending…some of you already know what’s coming next…

What’s up with the sprocket?

I haven’t had an issue with Fruilmodel tracks fitting a Tamiya kit but Perth Military Modelling - T55 Tracks shows there’s some issues.

Had both the kit and tracks for over twenty years and didn’t know that…

Yuck :face_vomiting:

Time to entertain track replacement?

Finding these in the stash was no small feat. The RMSh’s are a no go, they can probably be made to work with a small spacer in the sprocket. The OMSH are snug but fit well.

AMS kicking in?

Maybe the Fruilmodel fitment isn’t that bad or big of an issue. However, it’s really irritating my OCD. Narrowed a few sprocket teeth but it didn’t provide much improvement.

Definitely open to thoughts and opinions.

Thanks if you’ve read this far, kudos :clap: :bouquet:

9 Likes

This set also provides the different “hubcap” for the first roadwheel
https://miniart-models.com/product/37058-t-55-t-55a-wheels-set/

5 Likes

Thank you Uncle Heavy, I’ll check into the MiniArt T-55A wheel set.

2 Likes

They also have the different types of tracks, those should be a guaranteed fit …
Two types of OMSh (37048 & 37046) and two types of RMSh (37050 & 37052)
the applicable tank types are listed on the boxes

I stocked up on these road-wheel sets for my Tamiya T-55’s when I found out that Tamiyas wheels would not fit Miniarts tracks AND the hubcap issue

5 Likes

Went shopping, MiniArt T-55 wheels set & sprockets plus Mig mud, a grass mat, jerry cans, nets, etc should arrive in a few days.

LOL :laughing: :rofl: that ended up being an expensive repair.

6 Likes