What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

and a major improvement :grin: :wink:

5 Likes

T 55 completed.

16 Likes

Not exactly today, but in the last 2 weeks… I was busy preparing some models for a museum exposition.
To put a long story short- last Autumn we(me and Kalin @k_mero4 ) were asked to lend some of our models for an exposition in the History Museum of Veliko Tarnovo.The theme was Bulgarian Artillery and we participated with 8 combo’s(tractor and gun).

2 weeks ago we were contacted again with a request for participation in a new exposition, dedicated to Bulgarian Artillery and Armored Forces, in the
History Museum of Stara Zagora (October-December 2023).

A quick check showed I can send 22 models(7 of them artillery combo’s), but…

• A quarter of these needed thorough cleaning,
  • (courtesy of my 2 lovely girls cleaning activities) Some needed urgent repairs:

• some needed paint touch ups, gluing fenders, painting rubber tracks e.t.c.
  • some needed final assembly and lazy weathering

Weather was not with me in these 2 weeks(too dry and too hot), but I got the job done. Some pictures:

The StuG III Ausf.G was built by a modelling buddy of mine and painted by Kalin.My contribution is only in research for and adding registration number and markings.

Today, after collecting all models- a total of 36 including mine, Kalin’s and models of 2 other modellers-

I handed them to the organizers of the exhibition.

Hopefully they’ll bring more young blood to the hobby!

Cheers,
Angel

12 Likes

Tracks painted and mounted to the 2 Bulgarian “Maybachs” in the painting pipeline:

Cheers,
Angel

9 Likes

Got a chance to work on the Scale Color tracks I bought at Nationals for the IS-1/2 etc. They are handed tracks, so the inside bolts are different than the outside. To avoid confusion with the left and right tracks and bolts, I would build one side at a time, right side/outside then right side/inside. Then do the left side/inside then left side/outside. I continued this pattern for 10-15 tracks at a time and when done with those subsections, link them together in a similar format. While a jig isn’t necessary, it doesn’t hurt either. Maybe 45 mins worth of work. I did break one or two bolts that I will fix later when fitting to the model for the final length.

7 Likes

Spent the morning and early afternoon teaching Environmental Science, then ate dinner with the wife, watched animal videos by Casual Geographic on YouTube, played some PUBG, then starting masking my 1/1000 NX-2000 U.S.S. Excelsior. Later today I will do a bit more masking/painting and probably some more PUBG.

4 Likes

Not everybody of you is following my build blog, so I’ll show you the result of my work in the past 3 1/2 months. Finished the old 1/48 B-26 Marauder “Idiot’s Delight” last Sunday. This kit is the 20 years old Revell re-release of the 1978 Monogram kit … :hugs:

10 Likes

Very nice work on the Revel-O-gram B-26 Marauder. You’ve built a classic kit into a very sweet looking model!

A+++

4 Likes

Today…

…shelved the T-55A due to waiting on parts…

…the little Dragon Pz III ausf N moved into que…it seems like half a model tank after working on the T-55A…

…splattering paint :art:

10 Likes

This morning Tankraft KV-1/2, only inserted the hull side pins. Will add outside when ready to add to the tank and the correct number per side. This holds the track together enough and hopefully won’t mix up later. Took a little longer to get to this point than the others set, still not hard. Like before, you can do without a jig but it is helpful and I used that.

I did try one of the Tankraft 34/76 sets as it was single pin but the pin hole size and ensuring the rotation on the part was too much fun this morning so I passed for now.

7 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, Wade! Yes, I’m very pleased with how this oldie came out in the end. Was worth all the work I put in it. It’s a kit one doesn’t see often built …
The original “Idiot’s Delight” looked a bit scruffy at the end of the war though. Not my kind of building. :grin:

5 Likes

My first attempt at making decals. HP Deskjet and 3 coats of Testors dullcote. We’ll see how they come out tomorrow.

6 Likes

The standing figure got the final layer of Dullcote and calling him done!

Kit cover

13 Likes

A day of tracks for me. I had two rows already done for the SMK.

8 Likes

At first glance, I thought you were giving out eye exams. Okay doc, I can read the top line…

“quEEniE”

—mike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Painted the so-called Fusion Tubes today…

Chemical Specs
• Vallejo Prussian Blue (70.965)
• Vallejo Magnesium Metal Color (77.711)

—mike …:flying_saucer:

11 Likes

With building the Miniart T-55 I choosed the wrong tracks as an Russian Rookie​:flushed:, so it ended in cleaning and building two sets of tracks, so check out you got the good ones :wink: with the good wheels

6 Likes

Started a takom hetzer

5 Likes

Which one Dan? I’m getting the Late.

2 Likes

Early, I have the late as well.

2 Likes