What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Next project on the go. Aeronavale (French Navy) F4U-7 Corsair from Revell (Hasegawa) in 1/48. Cockpit looks quite rudimentary but I’ll keep the canopy closed anyway …

10 Likes

Go on with the jagdpanther, some small parts build in, I think the building part comes to an end, slowly but sure🐢
A nice week to all✌

3 Likes

Installed tracks & spares today.

15 Likes

Looks good!
:+1:

3 Likes

Looking really good, the depth of colour you’ve achieved is very nice.

That dusty effect is spot on. :+1:

Watto.

3 Likes

Thank you, Uncle Heavy & Watto.

Today trying to tweak a few things.

Found a dry transfer marking that fit the kit fire extinguisher.

Worked a tiny bit of sag into tracks over the return rollers.

11 Likes

Wade, you have definitely got a Panzer IV fetish. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cajun :crocodile:

3 Likes

LOL! :laughing: :rofl: indeed…I was even suckered into watching this because of the Dunkelgrau Pz IV D…and I detest anime.

510SpURU71L

May have to build a Pz IV for next build…wink :thinking:

5 Likes

For me it’s the Sheridan, but no where near the severity of your addiction, I’ve 86’d the last three I built and have two in the stash, one day I’ll crank one out that I’m sastisfied with :nauseated_face:

Cajun :crocodile:

4 Likes

Several years ago, I built the Horror Boss ShkH Dana in Czech camo. I was never really happy with the lighter green I used. I needed to get an entry together for the competition being held in conjunction with the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum’s Aus Armourfest (3 days of tank rides and other bliss). So I decided to repaint the Dana for that.:
Before:

After:

It survived the flight from Brisbane to Cairns, but despite being in the middle of the comp table, one MG recuperator was still somehow broken off at the show - after judging fortunately. I’ll need to scratch that again.

Oh, I won 2nd prize and was awarded a $110 ride voucher… I used that to get on the M110A2 the museum has…

20 Likes

I’m very happy for you, Peter!

I’m a subscriber and a big fan of AusArmor YT channel too.My Wednesday afternoon always starts with the “weekly tank restoration fix”.

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes

Did some hand painting on my M60A3 TTS Frankentank.

47f403ae5ab62779751522c8c00242c2a4937029_2_666x500

4968bc199765971b061e7f6d563aaf0e75c0cf1b_2_666x500

6b8d275d31f2512f980bd327573e5a71b1114432_2_666x500

a2b0e76c071aeee98e6e6ce4dcadb2a6024bec87_2_666x500

And added some glass to the tank’s Gunner’s Sight.

a4a5eb5b94bf8814a39a6dea46dcb72a024d95c5_2_666x500

16 Likes

I finished a Norwegian F-16 for the Smells like teen (fighter) spirit campaign. It was fun to do a Group build again.

17 Likes

Need five cans to fill half the rack but Dragon only provided three.

Dragon & tweaked Italeri

9 Likes

Glad to hear that Angel. I enjoy the ‘Workshop Wednesday’ updates too. Not too many other places to go to see a restoration step by step program.

A few of us from our club venture up. We pay for the ‘Commanders Deck’ on the Saturday, and that price includes a tour through the workshops by the museum owner. We get a sneak peak of where things are, plus get to ask questions from the guys doing the restorations.

Rob is really passionate about restoring and displaying vehicles so the public can see and, where possible ride, in them. The whole family are wonderful down to earth people.

3 Likes

@ayovtshev & @petbat

Thanks for the YT tip!

Would this be a good example of the Spanish School of Weathering?

9 Likes

Hey Angel, Thats great that the museum wanted to display your built kits. The perfect place for them to be seen by so many more people :+1: :+1: ( and now you get to buy more to fill the empty spaces they leave behind :grin:)

T55 is looking great Wade @Armor_Buff as are the tracks Ryan @Tank_1812

M60 is coming along nicely Reynier @SableLiger

6 Likes

That is some lovely scratch building work to get that wagon looking like it is. Very well done :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks John!

I’m sure you can guess who said: Well, there are some MODELS left over there, why didn’t YOU give them too?!? :rofl:

Cheers,
Angel

8 Likes

I know I have asked you this before, but are you sure you are not married to my wife lol :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes