What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Got to see them side by side on the weekend. That unrestored one is really tempting to build. A real painting challenge, plus the few Aussie add-ons that would need scratch building, like the additional armour plate in front of the transmission and the screens on top.

One of my club mates actually had a ride in the restored Grant. It is on my list for next year. I got to ride in 3 others for a little less than one lap in this one cost this year.

8 Likes

Last days made some hatches, one for the loudspeaker above the cabin, the other right backside for the external power supply.
Did the inside roof and the doughpan. Time flies

10 Likes

i started a btr 80a from trumpeter. to add to my collection of Soviet and Russian models

11 Likes

Added decals & jerry cans…

19 Likes

It looks great. I have been following your work for a long time and I enjoy it. I am a big fan of the Pz.Kpfw.III.
Congratulations.
Kalin

5 Likes

Nicely done P 3, Wade! :+1:

3 Likes

If you have seen this week’s episode Angel, you would see me in all my grey haired glory - riding the Panzer 68…

9 Likes

and exactly HOW many model builders would dare to show this track behaviour on a model entered in a competition?
Tank is driving forwards.
I have seen this behaviour on a Leopard 2 in Swedish service (sprocket at the rear so it happens when backing up)

12 Likes

Yes, very noticeable.

5 Likes

If you watch the Grant Rust-oration episode- towards the end, when the Bergepanzer 2 moves the Grant from the Workshop to the Museum, you can clearly see the Bergepanzers LHS track skiding over the drive wheel.

Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

The bang when it slaps back into the sprocket can also be heard.

3 Likes

Solving how to place it right…

11 Likes

I might but I would also have a note on the model entry sheet and that photo next to the model because many will assume it’s in error, especially at a local show where the judges might even be armor folks.

5 Likes

Wrapped this one today.

Dragon Pz III ausf N, 501st Heavy Panzer Battalion

Part of DAK or not? There’s back and forth on if the 501st was assigned to Afrika Korp. I don’t think that occurred. Using DAK on name plate may help the casual viewer with the location and early 1943 time period.

Peace

18 Likes

Spectacular finish Wade. The depth you have achieved is incredible. Another perfect panzer!

4 Likes

Fantastic job there Wade. A lot of love in that build.

3 Likes

A 1/35 Model of the Swiss Pz 68 would be brilliant. One has been promised for nearly 10 years!

4 Likes

Yes, so many Tigers, Shermans, M1A1’s, T-55’s, but little love for the less mainstream. Maybe Takom will release one, one day… and a HS 30, and…

3 Likes

and a Strv 74 …

Suffice to say that id didn’t like side slopes, not at all …

5 Likes

Started work last night on my Third Sherman tank… It’s the Tamiya M4 Early Production Sherman.

These Tamiya kits build so fast… You literally open the box, throw some liquid cement, shake the box and out comes the fully asembled kit. :grin:

10 Likes