What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Just some small parts to bring on the model and the tracks, then painting will start

12 Likes

Quite a lot more to it than that as the M3A2 was a Wright engine powered vehicle. The rear hull on the M3A3 was changed to accommodate the diesel engines and radiators. The rear twin access doors were removed and new engine deck and access doors were added to the top. The rear hull plate was angled, etc.

The better option is I Love Kit’s M3A3 Lee as a starting point. It has the extended rear hull and upper hull fittings, plus it still has the opening side doors (Miniart’s M3A5, which is another diesel powered vehicle donor option, has the welded closed doors).

Then you still need the M4 Sherman suspension, Grant Turret, etc.

3 Likes

True, I’d love to see someone attempt, or at least draw up a plan for such a kitbash.

2 Likes

Almost ready, this little devil, to fire up the Clubmobile GMC

11 Likes

The difference between the 1/16 tracks from Trumpeter and Das Werk is enormous.
Trumpeter: 5 parts each track link to clean ( 5 sprues just on the track link, more on the 4 other parts ).
Das Werk: 2 parts each track link and its enough to cut it clean from the sprue, you can’t see the spots on the finished tracks.
Both tracks are workable but the Das Werk-solution is much more builder-friendly.
I hope they make more 1/16’s. Das Werk can make the german vehicles and Andy’s HHQ the allies, that would be great

3 Likes

Boring stuff, trimming zimmerit, blending with putty, and tacking down zimmerit sides.

BTW - Be careful where you leave the Green Static Grass…

17 Likes

Your dinner(?) looks very good, Bon Appetit :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, thank you. It’s an Armorama inspired from watching armor modeling videos (ColdDemonPL) & Ukraine updates etc on YouTube. Then suddenly"Schnell Lecker" Polish Cabbage soup/stew showed up in the video feed.

The rest is dinner :plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

almost finished

14 Likes

This:

9 Likes

What fun, still 120 track-links to make, 600 parts…

11 Likes

What vehicle is this for?

1 Like

The instruction sheet seems to show a Panther chassis

1 Like

They do look like Panther tracks. I wonder which kit it’s for.

1 Like

Trumpeter 00934

3 Likes

Yes, it’s the Trumpeter Jagdpanther

3 Likes

When it’s done, you’ll be proud!:wink::muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Yes, for sure, thank you👍 The building-part is coming to it’s end, then comes the painting, what is the difficuld part for me. But I hope it’s better this time with the help from the great airbrush-guide from ammo of mig. Another problem is, that I have not much space, for building it’s okay, for painting I will see.
I could move to another room, but if I spend my free time not beside my girlfriend she will rise revolution😂
Still looking for a compromise😉

2 Likes

I picked up the Bf-109 G6 so that I could make Franz Stigler’s Bf-109 at the time of the Charlie Brown incident. I have been able to find some camo/marking schemes for the plane, so all that is left is to find proper 1/72 decals.

2 Likes

Moving at “warp speed”, the speed of a microwave hot water bath, bend parts to shape and quench in cold water to fix resin parts.

Overall the Jaguar interior is excellent much better than most resin from the 90’s in my opinion. With that said it’s really inaccurate by today standards.

9 Likes