What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

same here… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Arrived at the weekend, got a good price on eBay for Mirage 2000N.

Nipped into my local for a couple of bottles of paint, but also walked out with the reissue of the Airfix Beagle Basset.

5 Likes

I’m sure that there used to be a Beagle Basset painted in ETPS colours based at Boscombe Down when I was working there.

Weird looking thing, always struck me that the engines were too small for the aircraft.

1 Like

Xtradecal have just released a set for it with the red, white and blue ETPS scheme. Looks quite good in those colours. Depending on how well it goes together, I might be tempted to get another and those decals.
It is a funny looking thing from some angles. I think it’s the bulbous cockpit section. Makes it look like a kids drawing.

Hi Damian,

How are you? Did you ever start the P-47 conversion? Take care, Fred

1 Like

Somebody crushin’ on Mirages…

https://media.tenor.com/images/9c13c107657907ce4cf14f553e7e20a2/tenor.gif

3 Likes

Nice score! I must admit that I have always liked the lines of the Firebar. It looks more sci-fi than a real life.

Firebar, Flashlight, and Fiddler, all three have a certain charm.

My plan is to start getting rid of models but succumbed to the Wingnut siren song and accidentally pre-ordered these beauties. They arrived today.

7 Likes

Hi Fred. All good here mate! Haven’t started the conversion yet, battling with a pair of Hasegawa razorbacks right now though :crazy_face:

Got my first shipment of taniya f-35 today. Im planning on building from factory floor To full deployment. Still having trouble finding furball decals anthology number 4. Hopefully he’ll reprint it sometime soon.

8 Likes

Seven?

2 Likes

I understand, the latest song is strong. I have two inbound on top of the other two that have landed.

The Rumpler is a fantastic kit! You’ll enjoy doing that one.
I’ve got one close to being finished I did a build log for on the old site. Just final assembly and rigging and she’s done. It’s on my to do list for this year.

My DP Casper Ukrainian conflict sheet arrived today. Some good subjects and decals look nicely printed. A mix of Su-25’s, Mil-8’s and 24’s.

I like the inclusion of the digital cammo decals for the Su-25. While not impossible to mask and paint, it will save time.
Looks like I have a few kits to add to the shopping list.

7 Likes

”STIMPY! … DON’T TOUCH THAT BUTTON!!!”

Stimpy Pushing the Red Button

Well, he did it again… Something about “folding rotor blades!”

$$$🚁$$$

5 Likes

Arrived today

10 Likes

Couldn’t put it off anymore. Stopped by the LHS and picked this up. I blame @Wanamaker and @HGBARNES.

The MiG is pretty much the complete opposite kit from the F-35 in every way possible, but it seems fun and I like the look of the -29.

9 Likes

Forgot to post these earlier today… Currently building Bronco’s Mig-15 1:48th and was missing the masks…

4 Likes

The Beatles may have sung that Happiness is a Warm Gun, but for me it’s a box of bombs and missiles!

Kit comes with 4 identical sprues giving you 8 KAB-500 TV guided bombs, 4 each of the Kh-29T and Kh-59M TV guided missiles and data-link pod, Kh-31P AR missile, B-8 and B-13 rocket pods. There’s also a double weapon pylon for the pods. Quite a lot of stuff for less than 10 quid!

If anyone’s interested, I can post some more photos. Just let me know if you do.

7 Likes

Some new stuff … :slight_smile:

10 Likes