What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Thanks, I honestly hadn’t thought of that. I did see that ICM do a couple of driver’s intended for the Liberty truck. Did wonder if they could fit the Ford.
Interesting article. Not a story you often hear about.

1 Like

Thanks Brian.
Great to know it goes together well. I’ll have a good look at how he got on with it.
I did myself start the RNAS armoured car version a while ago, but didn’t get very far before some campaign builds put it on hold.

ICM do Anzac drivers especially for their Model T, but you would need to modify them (Short sleeves and short trousers to start with!

Alternatives are
My choice-

and

Avoid the Resicast ‘Marionette’ one …errrggggh

3 Likes

That Resicast driver is sitting a bit like he belongs in Thunderbirds!
I do have the LCP with figures, so I’ll have a look at those tomorrow.
The Bodi driver is definitely the best looking option there. He’d need to be interacted with someone else in a diorama. Maybe the officer from ICM’s marching Doughboys would be a good candidate. Getting a little ahead of myself though as I’ve got plenty to finish before I start a new project. Doesn’t hurt to plan and get a few ideas down.

2 Likes

Some needed kits, US-6 and G7107. The figures are meant to be updated to Russian sailors for a Takom kit. The AFV stickers is for LAV builds for two campaigns.

The OT-130 was misplaced in the order as it should have been a early T-26 for the bridge set brought earlier. Trying to sort that out now. The correct kit will be sent very soon.

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing those World War One nurse pictures and the article as well. I’ve been buying up nurses for a while. Wait. No. That’s not what I meant!

7 Likes

Another refference for my bridge-building library, found on the flea market:

Bulgarian WWII manual for building a light bridge(2t and 4t capacity) on rubber boats(kl. Floßsack 34 and gr. Floßsack 34).

Nicely illustrated and with a lot of data- for example Big Rubber Boat:

Am eyeballing another manual(Field and Temporary Bridges) too…

Cheers,
Angel

9 Likes

Nice one Brian! I recall we discussed this release at last year’s Yeovilton show, great to see you have got one now. I plan to get one also, and am planning a few MASSTER camouflage builds myself, having been much inspired by your own over the last few years.
It’ll be good to get your feedback on the model.
Terry (ex of Salisbury IPMS, many years ago!)

Thanks Terry; 'Not too sure when I’ll tackle it. I’ve had the Accurate Armour one for decades but was just too cowardly to tackle the tracks. I’ve been in a real modelling rut for the last couple of years - for no real reason - but have just about managed to get out of it with a bit of “What-Iffery” over ont he Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign. I really need to get a wiggle on as Yeovil model show is on April 10. No pressure then!

1 Like

This

and this

will someday turn ito this

6 Likes

Maybe he is just admiring the nurse … for her caring and nursing attributes…

1 Like

Ha, good one! I like it. I just hope my painting skills are good enough to do her justice!

Postie dropped off a couple of impulse buys today.
ICM’s very nice WW1 Belgian Infantry.

And Miniarts AEC Mk.III Armoured Car.

This is going to be another challenging kit I think. One of Miniarts full interior models, I do wonder how much will actually be visible when it’s complete.

6 Likes

Leave the hatches open without figures and you see quite a bit Stephen, but mostly just shape and form not detail. I built this last year for the Miniart Group Build. Mini-Art Campaign 2021 - #775 by petbat.

You need to cut down the ammo rounds as the full round will not fit the holes- that is in the instructions. I just drilled a hole in some 3mm thick styrene and slipped the round in so I could use a razor saw to cut off the part that sticks out through the styrene.

This is one of Miniart’s older kits and it is quite challenging in places. Mine had warped turret roof, and also the side panels so I could not have the engine hatches open. I needed them closed to help keep the rear square and also hide the bracing I needed to pull it into alignment - that also meant no engine. I cut mine horizontally so the sump section could still be fitted, but you don’t really see that anyway.

The etch Brake housing covers would test the patience of Job. Next to no mating surfaces and they break easily. The fit of the mantlet to turret is weak and flexes and the attachment for the barrel is also weak, so take care handing it.

The box art shows a training vehicle and it did not have the twin Vickers K guns shown. There are not a lot of pics of this vehicle and none of the wartime ones had the guns. I think a photo of a post war Danish or Greek vehicle shows them fitted though.

It is a massive vehicle and a lot of flat surface crying our for stowage to break up the mass of SCC15…

Oh… and my decals were fairly poor representation.

4 Likes

Yes, go and get ICM and Miniart stuff as long as it’s there. When the shelfs at your dealers are empty, there won’t be any fresh supplies so soon. I have heard that all employees of ICM are at home now. Maybe fighting or fleeing to Western Europe … It’s so so sad … :cry:

UA

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice.
I did wonder about the shells when I looked in the instructions. That sounds like a good solution. I’ve got plenty of decals I can use to replace the kits if needs be. Got a lot of the old Fingerprint Designs British Army division sheets, which in theory allow any vehicle in late war service to be modelled.
Not sure what to do with those etch brake covers. How noticeable would it be if I left them off and disguised it with a fair bit of mud?
There’ll be plenty to do before I tackle it though, so time to make a plan of action.

1 Like

Picked this one up yesterday and also just ordered the FCM sheet for US 7th Army MASSTER schemes. Am a very happy chap!

Terry

PS That’s your influence Brian @BootsDMS !!

6 Likes

Yes I was thinking about that earlier. I don’t want to panic buy, but there are a few kits I’ve got my eye on.
ICM’s 1/48 Cessna’s have long been on my wishlist to go with my Vietnam collection.

The European automotive industry is not able to get cables from Ukraine at the moment, bridges are being blown up and cities are without power. We are beiond panic buy, what you see on stock is what you will get. Miniart Interiour Stugs and Pz.IV are gone from some shops already.

1 Like

The brake covers are very noticeable at the front. The strip of Brass you need to roll into a kind of curly 'C" not so. I actually cut mine in half and only did the bit you can see from the front.

1 Like

Well, my work here is done.

1 Like