What the postman brought today (Armorama)

World War II in Color

On the left side of the home page is a section called ‘Labels’. ‘German Panzer’ and ‘German Truck’ are good places to start.

1 Like

Ironically, I believe that picture is attributed to the advance into the Caucasus/Ukraine.

Never had it but would have liked it.

My journey into modelling began (proper) in about 1979, and that kit was available then!

1 Like

Got this set when I was 14, painted them up and mounted them on a Tamiya Panzer IIIN. At the time I thought it was Military Modeler cover material. Those were good times.

6 Likes

Here is my latest catch.

A special delivery from Eureka XXL. Includes the M88 cable set and the brandnew 25mm plastic ammo box for Bradley and LAV-25.

7 Likes

Very nice to see the 25mm plastic ammo boxes, the only other ones I’m aware of were from AEF designs 30 some years ago.

More view of the 25mm boxes.

5 Likes

Nice crisp details.

Matthew, I feel your pain as to figure painting.

Now I know you are actually referring here to SERIOUS figure painting but until you and I both rise to that level of expertise here is a quick “work around” to use till we both get there.

Scroll down in this link to the part on figures:

Here I am just thinly applying a base cost of buff or flesh colored model paint to the skin areas of the figures and then later going over that with a brushed on Sepia shader/wash of this product offered by Citadel Hobbies

Easy-peasy, pudd’n and pie!

*p.s. The wood RR car decking, the halftrack wheels and the canvas are also done with the Citadel Black and Sepia shaders."

2 Likes

Just so you know Matt, I have gotten that product to work….maybe to much….as opposed to our pencil issues. I know different products for different uses but more of a “as seen on the internet” and it really does work in the hands of a regular joe kinda way.

2 Likes

What do you mean, the AK pencils are a sound investment and work perfectly!

Stay off my lawn kid! :rofl:

3 Likes

But, but. but . . . . this two coat, brush on Citadel shader treatment is a two coat, slam-bamb - thank you ma’m, slam dunk!

But to each his/her own . . .

My son calls these products “Experience in a Bottle!”

It looks really nice in the box. Quite a simple interior, but I suppose there wasn’t very much inside them anyway. Nothing a bit of stowage won’t help with.
The included figures are very nice too. I’d recommend it.

There are still lots of old Tamiya kits I never did that I’d still buy. The boxart and catalogue photos really hooked you back in the day.

1 Like

Oh, I like them. Matt and I have an issues seeing something and getting them to work for us.

This is my too heavy example. :clown_face:

I need to strip and try again with a more subtle approach.

2 Likes

Stephen, your driver is in the box. Either the kneeling guy taking details down or the nurse.

Many women and nurses were drivers of ambulances during the war.

3 Likes

Stephen, for what it’s worth a great modelling mate of mine tackled this some time ago; he maintains a blog and his efforts are recorded here:

Pete’s Model World : ICM WW1 Model T Ambulance (petesmodelworld.blogspot.com)

I think it’s one and the same; just in case it helps.

1 Like

Get outta here rabscallion, no riff-raff allowed!

2 Likes

Your guy relaxing looks real good to me. It is always the faces i have trouble with.

As I say that looks good it me. Maybe lightly hit it with just a little yellow/tan pigment dust to give it some dusty highlights!

1 Like