What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Not quite the postman, but went through , one of my stored house boxes to find this , BMO-T.

7 Likes

I read that there are now over 2000 ships stuck in Shanghai due to covid restrictions. So which one has your kits on it?

New tracks from Tankraft. Reviewed here Tankraft T-34 Tracks Review | Armorama™

Placed an order Friday and had them on Monday. :+1:

3 Likes

Couldnt resist this box damaged kit - despite the hole punched through the carton, everything is still attached undamaged and in the bag.

Hoping one day to pair her with the part built Zvezda M-72 I have.

4 Likes

Good opportunity for some glow in the dark paint for the zombies.

1 Like

As we all know I am slow builder. At the AMPS club meeting last night showing off the track and bs’ing with boys this happened.

Need to count the tracks per side but basically done. Easy peasy. Don’t force anything. A few pins where thick in spots and could be used with a light sand or scrap but I just grabbed another pin and continued. My new favorite track. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just picked from the postbox.

Will end up someday in MASSTER from 2nd ACR maybe with Valkyrie crew.

10 Likes

An old Plt Sgt was building one last night and it brought back lots of bad memories of the ill vehicle as the build wasn’t much better. Hope your kit is better.

Oh yes indeedy! Thank you O Modelling Gods - thank you!

5 Likes

The Dutch version… really Brian? My heart is in pieces.

Still a cool little vehicle. One day I’ll grab the Perfect Scale Lynx but she’s not cheap and it’s a LOT of resin.

1 Like

Well, I needed a representative recce vehicle for my Cold War NL collection (and some days I wish I’d never started it all); sadly, this one too wasn’t cheap and I had to sell my house and put my wife and children into bondage but the hobby must prevail! Building it all, of course, is another matter. One great annoyance is that all hatches are moulded closed, and as I like to populate my models I foresee a lot of drilling and filing.

I too hanker after the PSM version so might have to sell the dog.

Funnily enough, as I recently acquired the Takom M114, I’ve been tinkering with both kits and it’s quite interesting to note the design parameters when comparing the kits side by side; it’s probably one of the great “What-ifs” of history if the US forces had opted for the M113 C&R instead.

2 Likes

I suppose you are familiar with the fact that @Robert_van_Raamsdonk has resin models of unique Dutch models in 1/35? Models you can not get anywhere else in 1/35?

1 Like

Bert - QED! That’s exactly who provided this model! He does indeed procure some amazing Dutch mlitary models; I also have a YA 126 from him but I will not venture into other trucks as that way lies madness(!)

But just to explain my collection: I am trying to make a collection of the representative vehicles of NATO’s Central Region, ie Belgian, German, Dutch and British together with US models. And of course, their Soviet counterparts. I hope to portray MBTs, APCs, Artillery, Recce and some soft skins - still a tall order when encompassing 1945 to 1989.

Sadly, the only NL model I’ve built is the Leo 2:

Leopard 2 - NL

a rather poor picture. The only outstanding kit I’ve yet to get is the YPR; I have the earlier YP 408 resin model but so far have lacked the courage to tackle it. We’ll see.

The M113 C&V looks quite straightforward so I might push it up the list. The one NL vehicle I would like to see would be the little DAF 66 YA but Robert didn’t think there’d be that much interest, which is a pity; I feel it would look great as a sort of secondary vehicle to say, an MBT.

6 Likes

FedEx dropped-off my custom display case today.:smiley:

‘shopPOPdisplays’

—mike

12 Likes

Had two items arrive. The figure is for a small 1/43 UAZ-3909 I am working on.

5 Likes

Now, it’s very important the Nobody tell my Trumpeter KV2 about this. As long as She sits happily none-the-wiser in the stash everyone will be just fine.

10 Likes

She knows…They always know…

3 Likes

Yeah. Who am I kidding? I can already feel the waves of jealous indignation and the impending silent treatment.

It was just a one time thing. I promise.

3 Likes

:joy: not with plastic. :joy::joy:

While the Trumpeter plastic looks “rougher”, it’s pretty accurate out of the box. Aber makes a easy air intake cover that is all that is really needed if better screens are important to you.

http://www.4bogreen.com/kv-series/plastic-and-resin-kits/1-35-scale/trumpeter/00312-russian-kv-2-tank

I got this from Robert last weekend - absolutely lovely. I cant wait to get some weathering on it. I love his work, I’ve got loads of it now.