What the postman brought today (Armorama)

The Trumpeter kit may forgive you, but she’ll bring it up every time you even walk by that Tamiya box…

4 Likes

But …but. I ONLY opened the box and played with bits. I didn’t Build it or anything.

3 Likes

:scream::cry:

She just left to see your mates stash.

3 Likes

My IDF period, obviously :grin:

8 Likes

From the family today

12 Likes

I bought this from part of the money I got for my birthday last Wednesday. Saved some for when the Airfix 1:24 Spitfire will be issued…

5 Likes

My birthday is just around the corner, sooo…

Shhhhh… My wife does not know :innocent:

11 Likes

The Z Army starter pack… nice. :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s my kinda’ six-pack! … Sir, step away from the ‘Buy Now’ button! :credit_card:

2 Likes

Irwin and Sasa . Happy Birthday’s guys. You are in good company (me in less than 3 weeks) :rofl:

2 Likes

Bit the bullet and spent all the money I made last week from selling 3D prints:

Balance sheet = 0. :smiley: Back to CADding.

6 Likes

Cheers mate! When the time is there, a happy birthday to you too!

1 Like

Received this one today from Aberdeen Bookstore.

6 Likes

Thank you Mr eBay:

(had to borrow the image off the www as it wouldn’t fit on the table in my conservatory for photographing)

A (very lucky) snip at £99. That will do nicely; thank you again.

Being a strategic system as opposed to the tactical, a bit beyond the normal for me, but I couldn’t resist it.

8 Likes

Holy crap! That must be huge!

1 Like

Would that thing be liquid or solid fuel? Reason I ask is because if it’s liquid it’s a very big accident waiting to happen.

It is - or will be; missile tube is roughly 21" long (and moulded in 2 x halves of plastic; all else is resin, cleanly cast, save the tracks which are Friuls. Some etch and 8 pages of instructions in an A5-sized booklet.

What have I done?!

4 Likes

First stage solid, second stage liquid, which I believe was one of the reasons why it was never adopted into service. Ejected from the launch tube by gas initially.

There was, until recently, a very interesting piece on YouTube showing one of these trundling through the Russian forests, being adjusted at a launch site and then the launch itself shown. The nose cap blew off, then as the missile emerged the first stage ignited and around 4 sort of restraining/supporting rings detached from the body of the rapidly rising missile. For whatever reason, this fascinating footage was removed from YouTube.

As I say, not adopted by the then Soviet Strategic Rocket Forces but just shows what they were working on back in the early to mid 60s. Its debut was on parade in Moscow in 1965.

1 Like

We (I) will be able to get over the fact that you did not manage to photograph the entire box. But without its content, our life will be much worse!

Yuri, I will try and do so soon.

1 Like