What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Ah, but it’s still a very good kit! I’ve built the more recent MENG one, and it too has flaws. The Italeri tracks are too stiff, and the wheels have fictional grooves around the tread, but nothing a set of MENG tracks and a bit of putty on the wheels can’t fix.

If the brand is not “Italaerei” it is not old enough :smiley: :smiley:

Seems its ancestors go back to 1977…

1 Like

Sounds about right - I built my first one around then as a young teen…

Absolutely correct.

I built my first one in the early 80’s.

Bronco’s AS90 AM tracks are also an option - they are the same track link.

4 Likes

Had these two from Casemate Publishers arrive today to review.

Pirate Queens : The Lives of Anne Bonny & Mary Read

Hungarian Arms and Armour of World War Two

4 Likes

…and don’t forget the late 70’s or early 80’s Testors/Italeri boxing of the Leo 1A4…

s-l400

1 Like

Goodies

10 Likes

Leopard club antenna for my c2 mexas build. These look really nice. The kit ones broke into about 10 pieces trying to remove them from the sprue.

Dummy me can’t count though an I only ordered two sets hoping I could make them work for my leopard 2A4M but I’ll be a set short

5 Likes

I’m looking into them as well. Could you please share how many antennas are included in a single kit?

Two antennas, one for each of the two on the leopard C2 mexas and 6 mounts in resin, two of each possible mount type, and then two springs as well

I think they also do sets for the leopard 2A4M and 2A6M that come with the correct 4 antennas

I can post more detailed pictures tonight if your interested

2 Likes

Mini-art 37064 arrived from Lithuania today (no pic - it’s another T-55. I guess I do like T-55s.)

I want to share experience of three orders from abroad. I ordered this from Lithuania and it arrived at the (customs?) processing center in Chicago the same day the airplane and accessories arrived there from the UK (Hannant’s). The one from Hannant’s spent a week there. The one from Lithuania spent two weeks there. I do not know why there was a difference. Each was here two days after it cleared customs. The Hannant’s order was at US customs 3 days after it was shipped, the one from Lithuania took a week.

While those were in customs I ordered the big stash builder box of Tamiya kits from Plaza Japan. Fedex (3-5 day) was shipped from there on my Monday and arrived here on my Wednesday.

I don’t know what this says about anything, but thought I’d share recent experience…

Mixed bag of purchases. Super happy to get the SU-27UBM. Now I am afraid of starting it if I mess something up :wink:

Also some nostalgic ESCI kits that came in last week.

6 Likes

The Mirage kit would be perfect for the Israeli build next year (hint, hint)

1 Like

Indeed, but I am tempted to build the donkey instead to show of the start of the IAF. But let’s see I might change my mind a lot of times as usually :slightly_smiling_face:

Not massively exciting… But it arrived 2 days early so that’s a bonus.

2mm molotow chrome pen.

8 Likes

Upgraded the airbrush. Happy to have something with a finer needle for camo. Will still use my Paasche VLS for most jobs.

10 Likes

Well, yesterday actually; 'thought I’d better lay in some company for my Scrooge:

7 Likes

@Johnnych01, I have heard good things about that LC but it sounds like it didn’t work as you had thought. Want to share more info why you are not empresses? TIA

I’ve got one of those, its easily the best i’ve ever owned. I had a Paasche previously which eventually (and I still don’t know for what reason) began spraying at an angle!

The Iwata is just so easy to use and maintain.

1 Like