What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Happy Birthday, Mike

1 Like

Hey you guys! Thank’s!
Just got back from a nice dinner, “out” for a change. Yeah, sometimes they do let me out of my cell. :crazy_face:

@ petbat. Another coinkydink… The waiter served us bread and butter. :upside_down_face:

Cheers!:tropical_drink:
—mike

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you have a great one my friend!

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Scorpio!

Mine comes in 2 days :wink:

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

Happy (belated) birthday, Mike! :birthday: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

I’m traveling back to a time when I wore size medium shirts, had dark hair, commuted to work on a motorcycle, worked on police motorcycles all day and smoked cigarettes.

Gentlemen, I present a pair of long OOP kits straight out of 2005 that arrived this morning:

12 Likes

WOW!! What treasures!!! Where did you find them??!!

The ALVB came from the big dumb auction platform. Nobody else wanted it.
The ALVM came from this outfit, and I can’t recommend them enough:

Old Plastic Model Kits

1 Like

How brittle are they, resin wasn’t that good then.

It’s the typical old style diesel resin, very stinky. It’s all pretty soft and kinda’ oily at this point.
It’ll take a lot of Windex to clean when the time comes.
Both are complete, with decals, wire, cables and AFV Club running gear and individual link tracks.
All the cello bags with the plastic parts are still sealed. Resin parts are all there, as far as I can tell. One kit had a broken front fender that was easily fixed.
Years ago, when there were still several local LHS, I saw the ALVM on a shelf behind the counter at one I didn’t often frequent It was a special order for someone and was way too expensive for me at that time.

1 Like

How much did you pay if it’s not a secret?

1 Like

Had this one arrive to add to my Squadron/Signal collection.

6 Likes

A nice man came today and left these on my doorstep.
A quick look in the box and I would say the Scammell/Thunder model is by far the best. But early days.
I hope to build both of them in post war work.

7 Likes

Честит Рожден ден Angel

Happy Birthday Angel . I hope you recieved lots of styrene gifts (which for you, is basically packets of Evergreen stock… :rofl:)

:beers:

2 Likes

since there is a styrene kit from the Chinese Lizard, better or worse but many modelers prefer working with styrene. The styrene kit may have some issues but many think that it is easier to solve those than work with resin.
Both bridge kits are lurking in my stash so I will eventually need to tackle both …

Thanks Peter!

I’ll duly report my styrene gift this Thursday.

All attempts to “nudge” my girls towards a present in a kit form were futile…

They said (quote):
They support my hobby, but not that much as to spend their money for it. But-anyway- I should feel fully supported :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:beer:
Angel

4 Likes

Postman is still working on it …

Teaser:

2 Likes

The operative word in this case would seem
to be closer to ‘tolerated’
than ‘supported’
:rofl:

3 Likes

You nailed it, Robin!