What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Thanks. That’s one metric I watch for in any wheeled vehicle kit.

I always try to cant the front wheels of any model vehicle I build for somewhat greater realism.

5 Likes

Looks like you had a good time Brian. I first went to malta in 1960 (at the age of 6) and lived there for around 10 weeks. Returned in 2008 with my wife for a week. Obvs it had changed quite a bit in some ways, but also was actually largely as I remembered it as a child, except of course the lack of the huge RN presence in Grand Harbour back in 1960! Great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

I did indeed Terry; it’s only once back in our own abysmal, poor benighted Isle that the depression sets in!

Oh well, hopefully a stint at the modelling table will lift the existential gloom.

2 Likes

Perhaps if its that bad, you should leave it permanently?

2 Likes

Mine picked up a receipt the other day “You spent $260 on models?” I didnt show her the other receipts, totalling just over $800.

Well, Christmas is coming!

3 Likes

Rookie mistake, never leave evidence laying around. No receipts, store bags or plastic box wrapping, no reason to tempt curiosity and discovery.

2 Likes

Save empty boxes from built models, when the new kit arrives you can sneak it into the old box and she won’t notice …

4 Likes

Or apply a raffle ticket in case you shopped at a show.

3 Likes

PS. Yes receipt is incorrect… it is off the net…

4 Likes

Not reall an issue. I’m selling off a few diecast cars so my “stash fund” is looking pretty healthy!

1 Like

The postman brought me this today…

10 Likes

What vendor is selling that?

Edited to add: I figured it out. Is that the old molds? Or new tooling?

[EDIT] :scream_cat:

I woke up today only to realize the ‘Cyclops’ had hijacked the ‘Haunebu II’ and got off the wrong Freeway Exit, thereby landing them here in the wrong neighborhood (wrong stash) — YIKES! Not wishing to agitate the local gang members, I got them outa’ here post-haste! … So, I rewrote the script a bit, and here are the revised links: :memo:

:point_right: ‘Sci-Fi/Fantasy’
:point_right: ‘Figures stash’

Snagglepus (Exit Stage Left)

—mike :smile_cat:

7 Likes

It is a simple re-release of the old, and not so good anymore, Nitto kit. Bluetank probably released it about 20 years ago.

1 Like

I did too :clown_face: :space_invader: :robot:

5 Likes

Ha ha… and the rest, this kit is older than quite a few of the guys that frequent here… Original tooling was in 1968.

This version just had updated parts in 1985…

I really like that. AFV Club, please?

They do the same when they buy cosmetics.

2 Likes

I bought it for quite a bit of money at an auction, it’s an old Bluetank edition… there is no craze, but there is no other option either… I will “tuning” wheels from Tamya and tracks from Afv… if I get them somewhere. I will add a net from myself for the air intakes, some wire and plastic and there will be another ugly in the collection :grin:

1 Like