What the postman brought today (Armorama)

It’s bluetank… and it’s a pity that Afv doesn’t do it…

1 Like

I’ve got one gathering dust in the back of a display cabinet, so old it’s painted with Testors square bottle enamels.

10 Likes

From the Czech Republic:

6 Likes

Nice, very nice.

Panzershop - they put out very nice stuff! I have a few. And the 2S4 - what a beast of a weapon! Must be an impressive kit. Will look forward to your blog!

Your best bet is actually to source the AFV Club M41 Wheels and Suspension (AF35045). Of course, you need two sets to give you the extra roadwheels the M8 had.

Been to Euro Scale Modelling today. Due to budget restrictions, I didn’t buy too much…
The Firefly was a grab for €25,- (new Asuka €50,-)
The figures will go with the Firefly.
I am curious how the stencils will work out. The review on The Modelling News is positive.
The Renault kit is for my wife…

12 Likes

I have 2 of the Nitto release buried in my stash. Wayne

Had this book arrive today from Casemate Publishers to review for them.

7 Likes

For my birthday i received Trumpeter’s 1/16 t-72b1 with Kontact. Its a giant beast of a kit, here is a hull comparison pic with the 1:16 I❤kit m4a3e8.

I also managed to find a 1:1 1944 17pdr. Ammo box that popped up on gumtree. It needs a repaint externally, but inside has the original printing.

14 Likes

One of the five or six M54 kits I’ll need for my Hobby Link conversion sets, M819 et al. Once the M800 hoods are ready I’ll be expanding my 5-ton truck fleet.

The circle cutter will help with wheel masks etc. I just need to find the special paper for that job. Any clues?

11 Likes

I found that the circle cutter leaves to be desired when it comes to small diameters

1 Like

I agree. The Olfa cutter is just not that great for cutting small diameter masks. I’ve had one for years but recently bought a Dspiae circle cutter. Needless to say the Olfa one has been confined to the bottom of the tool box. It can cut masks smaller then most 1/35 headlights so it’s most useful and it’s impossible to do that with the Olfa one.

1 Like

This cutter is undoubtedly good, but expensive.

I have such a tool and it almost completely covers my needs.
For very small diameters, I use a leather hole punch.

4 Likes

Yes, it is expensive, but just like carpenter’s or mechanic’s tools, quality costs. I’m always surprised that modellers won’t hesitate to spend $100+ dollars on a kit, but will buy the $5 side cutters instead of the quality $25-50 ones.

I do have Tamiya punches as well for small diameters, which are quite similar to the leather punch you’ve shown.

1 Like

I agree. But there is not always an opportunity. Each of us walks our own trail of mistakes.
I myself have three circular knives, which allows me to cut holes of different diameters without reconfiguring.

1 Like

The personal decisions modelers make on spending money have always confused me.

2 Likes

Quite new here, but bought a AFV Club Scorpion with Eduard pe, with Masterclub tracks and some conversion from Scorpion Miniature Models, together with a Valkyrie crew and Star Decals. operation Granby it will be.

15 Likes

Welcome aboard. :+1:

1 Like

Welkom op dit eminente forum :slight_smile: