What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Yo do not have to question the quality of Model Victoria at all. They have been and still are one of the best in the business. I still have their L6/40 and CV-33/35s and these are much, much better then the Italeri and Bronco kits.

2 Likes

I’ve used Firing Line’s figures before and had forgotten how well sculpted they are; just look at the Boots DMS sole on the seated figure shown below:

9 Likes

First time that I have heard of this company. They look great.

Peter, they do quite a bit of stuff in all scales; Firing Line is part of the whole DJ Parkins site - here (if you haven’t located it already):

David J Parkins

The Firing Line range used to be marketed as Dartmoor Models a fair time ago, but I understand the then owner packed it in due to resin attacking him (it’s the other way around with me sometimes). Whilst some products have been overtaken by, in some cases, injection manufacturers or other resin manufacturers, they do a half decent Saladin (Driver’s hatch moulded closed, and an oversize gun barrel, but otherwise perfectly acceptable). a Half Ton Airportable Land Rover, a range of Ferrets, a Saracen with full interior - and used to be the only one in 1:35 - the 1 Ton Land Rover as shown, and a very decent Wombat anti tank gun installation kit for the Revell/Italeri Land Rover. A BV 206 with some very challenging tracks but that these days could probably be modiefied by resin add-ons designed for the Takom version), a Stalwart and a BBV 4T truck, amongst a few others; they also manufacture several accessory kits which are useful for say, adding radio equipment to Land Rovers. I feel their prices are reasonable, and in some cases a little cheaper than other resin manufacturers, although of course, the range is mostly a little older.

Their figures are very useful for that 50s/60s/70s gap.

The 1T Land Rover attracted me as I have a Mouse House 105mm Light Gun and need therefore, a suitable limber/tractor vehicle.

1 Like

The Firing Line range has been around for well over 25+ years.

Received a message from post office that they could not deliver because the box is big… This got me very excited and I rushed to the post office. The post man was apologetic and could not understand why I am all smiles in spite of visiting the post office for a box which should have been delivered at my door.

Any ways I got these goodies…

The Leopard box is huge. The biggest ever I have bought till date I think…

I was wondering whether I will be ready for the teen Group build… But yes. I just need to choose now :slight_smile:

Have a Great Day
Mukund

17 Likes

Wow! That’s quite a haul for one box! That Leopard interior kit should keep you busy for a good while.

2 Likes

That challenger is a beauty! I can’t wait to build mine.

Nice haul for the teen fighter campaign!

1 Like

@SSGToms I am a bit intimidated by the box… I have never attempted interier kit. I am sure I will get all the help from the good folks here :innocent: :sunglasses:

@Mead93 Lot of good reviews. This will be another first for me. Please start your build and I will follow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The good news, if you don’t like what you have done just close the hatches, problem solved. :clown_face:

7 Likes

Don’t be intimidated by interior kits. Too many people put them on a pedestal. Same modeling techniques and care I’ve seen you out into other builds and the interior will build up great!

The only difference to me between interior kits and non interior is the parts count. The rest falls down to the same technique and skills exhibited on kits with no interior

6 Likes

Truth. Parts is parts.

6 Likes

My first go at an “interiorized” kit was a Hobby Boss AAV. I realised, later in the build, the importance of making sure everything on the inside is correctly located.

Otherwise, the vehicle’s roof doesn’t fit properly.

Just saying.

3 Likes

There are definitely a few more considerations for interior kits, but people make them sound impossible sometimes

2 Likes

You have a lot of work todo for an op Newcombe wagon … building one at the moment…lots of things off withe kit.

I know there are differences with the roll cage, also the engine air intakes with Top Spin filters. The countermeasures platform is larger and the load bed has some stowage removed. Some vehicles also had slingshot VHF to satellite transmitters with their mount fitted (pic below). I have the Eduard etch set for it and also the Hong Kong Creation Workshop etch coming from Scorpion Miniature Models as the side nets are better in it and also some of the etch looks better. I’m sure there will be smaller things also, however nothing that can’t be sorted once I’m aware of them. If you know of any other discrepancies please let me know as all help is always greatly received.

2 Likes

yes, those details look good.

The RFM Leopard 2A6 looks tempting with full interior

1 Like

Yes those are right mate I’ve been lucky enough to have cooperation from supercat themselves…
I’ve cast my own top spin filters along with other bits . The driver and cmdr Stn need work the old ammo box stacking in front of the cmdr needs revising .the supports need removing and replacing as they have changed. The original air filter need to be larger and tilted .the rear load been has a new table over the stowage box ,one of the bigger issues is the addition of further armour which changes the shape of the front wheel arches and doors .it’s been a long process but I’m finally getting to grips with mine .the main door rear needs the stowage box changing as the small box structure is no longer used …some of the etch is ok but some of it really does nothing for the kit .if I can help at all shout

1 Like

If you have any pictures or diagrams of the changes to the ammunition stowage feel free to post them on here for anyone who plans to build one and make changes. I for one would like to know what’s different.