What the postman brought today (Armorama)

I’ve got the old Panda kit with all the necessary extras, cost a small fortune. Would love to know where to get that kit.

My apologies - I did not notice the JLTV was from Sabre.

I am more used to seeing their 1/35th scale Railroad cars and was looking for that sort of subject.

And yes Carlos I was aware of your review on their SSyms Flatcar. It is an amazing kit. I have it in my stash. It is SO well detailed and complex that every time I open the box I am daunted by the task ahead of me and quietly close the box again and put it back in the storage.

It sure ain’t your Grandfather’s Tamiya Deuce and a Half!

1 Like

Ordered from HobbyEasy in Hong Kong on January 9th and unexpectedly arrived January 17th. Only 8 days via airmail where the previous order took almost three months by sea.

Vespid kit comes with metal barrel and PE.

Cheers,
Jan :beers:

10 Likes

bought it from Aliexpress and i checked right now, it seems price has dropped a little bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A box full of DS tracks that haven’t gone sticky!

Thanks @rfbaer !

8 Likes

…Yet…

3 Likes

I believe it was caused by incompatible chemistry
between the DS-item and the bag it was packed in.

I have three sets of Sd.Kfz. 7 front wheels,
two crispy, deformed and crumbling and one
in perfect condition.

2 Likes

Indeed, the truth about DS disease is far more complicated than a simple ticking clock. I think part of it is the variation between batches, so sometimes you get the good stuff, and sometimes it goes nasty. Similar issue with Shapeways and their Fine Smooth Detail (the artist formerly known as FUD) growing crystals - it is a bit hit and miss, which suggests a certain amount of batch-mixing roulette.

What a deal! Thanks Al!

7 Likes

Better you than me, brother.
Those things gave me a headache just looking at them…

1 Like

I have to limit track sessions to about 20 links, otherwise I get a little daffy.

2 Likes

I have built two of theirs, not as daunting as it looks, they go together well, it’s the weathering for me that’s hard to look correct. The last two are other companys
16741597376681843077483452092534|690x388

just noticed the none painted SSYMS wasn’t shown

5 Likes

Oh God! I have a set of Dragon Easy Eight (T80) tracks. Those just gave me low level anxiety the moment I saw them. Luckily I went with metal tracks and they’re in my spares box, still in the bag.

I tried to assemble the Meng M1A2 TUSK tracks and that was “Borg Level” futility for me.

See it as meditation.
Others pay money to sit cross-legged
and say aum so count yourself lucky
that you can get into the meditative state
a the same time as you are doing
something useful.
A win-win …
:grin:

5 Likes

I bought the Dragon T28 Heavy Tank, or T95 105mm Motor Gun Carriage and built it within a month of its US release, prolly 6-7 years ago. The last time I moved it I noticed all four sets of tracks were sticking to the shelf it’s on. Other than that, they look fine.

I’ve built a bunch of other DS tracked Dragon kits (M103, KPz-70, Conqueror, M1A1 AIM and SEP, M1A2SEPv2, etc) since then, and they all seem to be fine.

Edited to add:
On the other hand, all the solid rubber tires on my late 80s to late 90s Dragon builds started exploding about 2007 or so…

Me personally, I prefer using aftermarket tracks on my builds; mainly because is so much easier for me to put them together and the sag on them looks really good.

Only ones I have not used metal tracks is on my M60A1 ERA (on my cover photo), which I went with the T-161 tracks offered by AFV Club. Also have a set of the older T97 tracks for the M48. I went with metal on my Tamiya M51 Sherman build, and with Master Club tracks for the Tiger Models Nagmachon build.

Dragon M4A3E8 “Fury”. R-Model T-84 metal tracks

Tamiya Tiger I Mid. SanXin metal tracks

4 Likes

More “from-me-to-me” Xmas gifts arrived today:

2 sets of VModels PE for ICM’s KHD S 3000 truck arrived from Ukraine.

I’m especially happy with the “Capote” fret- it contains the early type louvres, used in the Magirus S330 truck and I will use them for my KHD S3000 to Magirus S330 conversion.
In 1941 Bulgarian Ministry of Road Construction purchased some quantity of S330 for its needs:

A requisitioned Magirus S330 will tow the Sturmboot Anh I’m building right now.

Then there is also the LZ Models 2,0 cm Flak 30 resin kit.
I was bit surprised the content does not come in a box, but as pictured.
There’s no instruction included, but one is available for download at Scalemates. I will also need a metal barrel- the resin one is bent.
But casting looks great and I’m sure it will build into a nice model- very happy to finally have this kit in my stash.

I took a lot of pictures in a Military Museum in Veliko Tarnovo last September, so plenty of refferencies:

Cheers,
Angel

8 Likes

I only use acrylic paint on DS and Tamiya tracks, seems to work.

3 Likes

I prefer the AFV Club tracks for M48/60 stuff too.

Edited to add: @Petition2God wheels, too

5 Likes

Oh yeah. They make a good track set.

6 Likes