What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Guess from one time - why do I need this ?! :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Nice! I was just thinking of how handy a mini drill press would be. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’ve only built their KV-1 but it was outstanding. I am extremely tempted to add a T-64 or 72 from the current conflict

1 Like

You guys can take the Miniart kit and build a taxis out of it…

5 Likes

The mini drill press is a very good thing. As for this particular drill stand, I don’t know yet. I will try and share my impressions.

3 Likes

The hardest part on that conversion would be the angle fenders and of course the graphic artwork that is painted on.

This one arrived yesterday.

7 Likes

There it is. After I have seen the pictures here I thought it must be a BIG box, for that it’s a small one

8 Likes

How many StuGs are enough? More

I feel a build coming on inspired by @Armor_Buff

I’m thinking of calling it the Three StuGes build. What do you think? I have two so far…

Actually I have three already - two miniart kits, but I think I’ll add the RFM early kit to get a three vendor comparison.

13 Likes

Ah, Larry, Curly and Moe. My favorites.

1 Like

Finally got my hands on my next Panzer IV build.

Intending to build this one as an Eastern Front Panzer with the “Winterketten” tracks.

10 Likes

Sweet! Sounds Stug-A-Licious to me!

1 Like

I like to see that model, you want to build

The SkyCrane landed today and the 578 is real close to being done. Yeeha!

Cajun :crocodile:

16 Likes

Hey Terry, Congrats on finishing up the M578, there were times I thought that thing would see the bin for sure! Break open that CH54 and lets see how big that thing is!

4 Likes

Not the postman, but got my hands on two old kits that I built in the past and now going to build them again.

First one is a vintage 1991 Dragon BRDM-2 armored vehicle. This one comes with decals to build vehicles representing the USSR (Soviet Motor Rifle and Naval Intantry), Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic and East Germany, along with generic markings for the Iraqi Army during the 1990s.

The kit is in pristine condition and was sealed up.

Second kit is a 1987 Tamiya LVTP7A1 “Amtrak” Assault Vehicle. This one is also in pristine shape.

These came from a huge stash of vintage kits that my local hobby shop bought from an estate of an IPMS member here in Tucson. The owner says they’ve only taken I. Half of the stash and have tons more kits available.

I’ll just wait until next week to get my hands on more kits, which are mostly old Tamiya and Dragon kits and figures.

14 Likes

Well, this clearly isn’t armour (or even a model) but helps set the scene as it were; 'thought it high time to refresh my memory regarding the late Cold War period:

SS-20s, GLCMs, Pershing 2s, Ex Able Archer - what’s not to like? For sheer atmospherics, it was bloody terrifying.

12 Likes

Some goodies to finish my Wespe.

9 Likes

Modest purchases… but I prefer plastic tracks… 3D have too delicate pins…

8 Likes