What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Wow that LVTP7A1 brings back such great memories! I remember building that as a teenager in the late 80’s. I thought it was a great kit.

3 Likes

The 3d printed tracks by ryefield for example are really good, at building a tiger I track just 2 or 3 pins are broken. The pins of t-rex are a little more difficuld, they are breaking easy if you are not concentrated

Looks like that could be a really good read Brian!

I’m not sure just yet - but I’ve learned a new word: “gubnatorial”.

1 Like

Got this from the war-torn Ukraine out of all places! Kiev to Denver in 2 weeks! Faster than shipping something to the US east coast. :smiley: However, I don’t have HIMARS kit yet.

And another lightening deal from Spruebrothers:

11 Likes

Our packages must’ve been on the same boat until Denver! However, I got this note in my mailbox instead: “Sorry we missed you while you were out. We have item/s for you which we could not deliver.”

MY A$$! I was sitting right there. Driver never went farther than the street mailbox to put the note into it. Saw the whole thing on camera. … So I guess USPS has implemented a PD “No Knock” policy! :no_entry_sign::facepunch:

I went right down to USPS and let the clerk know about what happened. Her ears perked up when I mentioned “camera.” She said No need to come back to pick your package up. I’ll make sure it gets delivered to you tomorrow.

One hour later: Same driver dropped off my package. Threw it on the step, ran out and tried to escape before I could get to the door. Just as she sat in the truck, I said “Knock-knock!” Surprised the crap outa’ her. She was like: “What?” :astonished:Got you on camera! She sped off! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So anyway, here’s what I received…
‘LMG BB-44 Airplane building jig 1:32-144’

I sense an IKEA build challenge coming on! :screwdriver::nut_and_bolt: :grin:

—mike

11 Likes

I have several LMG products, all ordered straight from them in Ukraine. They are inexpensive, innovative, and extremely useful for assembly and painting.

8 Likes

Here’s a personal best for me. Krakow, Poland to Connecticut, USA in 6 days! I can’t get a letter to my Mom 3 towns away in 6 days!

7 Likes

In the other hand, my I Love Kit Pershing Missile took four days to get from Frankfurt Germany to NYC and has been stuck in US customs since last Saturday. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I can never work it out.

I can get supplies from HongKong in a week, but it typically takes 3-4 weeks for a letter sized parcel to arrive from Poland.

Conversely, i’ve ordered supplies from Poland that were on my door mat within 3 days.

Its like an exciting game of lotto.

4 Likes

Be careful with the rubber tyres in that Dragon BRDM-2,
mine were broken already in the box …
Consider replacing with resin wheels

3 Likes

Mine from that boxing look ok still years later but a good general tip with rubber items especially with Dragon. The Def Model ones are nice. :+1:

3 Likes

Mine took about 7-8 years to explode off the wheels after the build.

I built the same kit back in 1993 and the tires did break apart; so, the tires will get replaced with resin ones, looking at both DEF and Panzer Art for the sagged wheels.

I finished mine in January 1996

Had these three books arrive today. I got them to go along with my German flying saucer collection.

10 Likes

I’ll post some sprue pictures later.

11 Likes

Some more from HobbyLink. The stash grows…….

ETA M54 wheels from BNA.

9 Likes

Oh yes indeedy!!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a massive erector kit. :smiley:

4 Likes