What the postman brought today (Armorama)

There is a Santa. Seems he used my credit card!! :grin:
Now for some ADF patriotism.

12 Likes

Todays delivery

Tom

9 Likes

Me too. Went to my club meeting last weekend and we had our usual end of year swap and sell (we should call it a buy and sell, I don’t think I have ever seen a swap) and amongst the purchases were Two Aussie vehicle kits:

Also grabbed a couple of oldies for some fun builds:

I had been eying off the Ryfield Spz Puma, but at 1/4 of the price for this one, It was worth buying it just see how I could turn it out.

Also picked up a set of AFV Club tracks for the SPZ Marder. I hope these will pass okay for the Puma ones - the Revell rubber is all twisted, etc. Lastly, in the mail today was the long awaited regulator for my compressor. My backed up painting can start to flow again:

12 Likes

The ASLAV is a fun build but watch out for the PE loops.

1 Like

Mixed blessings today. First, Merry Christmas to me. A boutique kit purchase, the old Zitader Type 4 Ho-Ro conversion for the Tamiya Type 1 SP Gun. I have built the Finemolds kit, but this is such a thing of beauty and engineering that I had to grab it when I saw it. It builds a different version than Finemolds.

Now, the biitter with the sweet. I’ve seen some mangled boxes before but this is the most accordioned package I have ever received. Came from China.

Inside the white box kit looked even worse.

Amazingly, the kit inside is still buildable! The sprues are broken and bent, but all of the parts are just fine. How that happened I don’t know. This kit box is not going to fit in my stash, though. Oh, it’s a Takom Typhoon-K.

7 Likes

Good luck!

Peter, I have the same kit here. RoG had it just a short time in the program. You cannot build a serial Puma from it because it has parts from various pre-production models. I have decided to build it (one day far away …) in Umtarnfarben as the Bundeswehr used it for trials in the UAE. This, I think, is the best way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Torsten. Sounds like a good idea for me too.

Obviously you have not seen the video of Chinese workers packing shipping containers - using a vehicle jack to push boxes down so others will fit on top, or raising the roof to slide boxes in, which then get crushed when the jack is removed.

Glad it is still reasonably okay.

3 Likes

Man you dodged a crusher on that one Mr. Toms… whoa! Nice haul.

1 Like

Thanks Peter. I have not seen those videos, but it explains the condition of my box!

I am as amazed as you are Mr. Barnes. How there are no broken pieces is a Christmas Miracle.

2 Likes

Miracle on Matthew Street HA HA.

2 Likes

I remember an article/study regarding USPS, FedEx and UPS. Across the board all test packages marked “fragile” suffered a significantly higher rate of damage.

Christmas shopping

9 Likes

Nice, this will keep you out of trouble for a while (or did it get you into trouble?)

I dodge the “wife” bullet :wink:

2 Likes

My arrivals today, and a freebie

6 Likes

hmmmm,
sort of tempting to repackage some Swedish surströmming (fermented herring, once you
have caught a whiff of that smell you do not want to get close again, I promise …)
in fragile glass jars and send them marked as ‘Fragile’ and hope that none of the packages
arrive …

3 Likes

Wait wait… are those for the kids??? I am available to be adopted at a moments notice! “Back allowance to be determined by kit(s).” :slight_smile: