What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Hahaha, noooo…
This is for me :joy:

1 Like

Lucky you :wink:

1 Like

A haul of Microdisign PE frets:
IMG_20211218_102529

The UAZ 3909 kit by Zvezda is on order and will be built within John’s @Johnnych01 Golden Memory thread as the ambulance vehicle of Bulgarian 5th Border Detachments HQ. I served with this unit 25 years ago.

The PE meshes will enhance the engine deck of Zvezda’s T-62 kit I acquired recently.

While the PE L-shapes/angles will be useful for some scratchbuilding I have in mind,

Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

One of my Christmas goodies:

Merry Christmas!

9 Likes

Some nice gifts from SWMBO…

For the Cent group build

The sci-fi and what if build

Some detail painting brushes

And the airbrush @Tank_1812 , Ryan highlighted a while ago…

8 Likes

Nice haul. Hope you enjoy the airbrush. I am still enjoying mine. :+1:

1 Like

Cheers mate … Will try it out in the next few days… It does look nice

Well one from the long haired Sgt Major and the other from the kids, going to build the Saladin as my Troop Leaders wagon in Cyprus in 1985. Going to get the Hong Kong Creation Workshop upgrade and DEF wheels from Scorpion Miniature Models and for the Jackal the Eduard etch update set to build a Light Dragoons Jackal from Op Newcombe in Mali. Those brushes look nice Johnny, what make are they?

8 Likes

Oh man, you guys picked up some great additions! I’m not sure which one I like more.

My last acquisition for this year. (Yes honey, I won’t buy another kit this year) The final piece of equipment that I needed to complete my 5th ID Ft Polk collection. At least among the major pieces of ground equipment that we used during my time there.

Until next year :wink:

7 Likes

Does it count if you order it this year but it doesn’t arrive until next year?

Or if I don’t hit the pay now icon until after the new year? :thinking:

Sorry didn’t see that bit at the end about brushes…yeah they look great up close and I like the angled one as well… They are called Nicpro 8 piece small detailing set … From Mr Bezos store… I think they were 9 quid, but they may off gone up s bit now…

Postman just dropped this off, hot from HK. I’ve been waiting for this kit ever since 1975, when I built the 1/48 Bandai kit. Finally, 1/35 styrene! A 47 year wish come true - I just cleared the bench for this one.

12 Likes

Had a look and they don’t have that set though they do have a slightly larger one for a few £’s more. Might partake. That Daimler does look nice though I only build modern.

2 Likes

The Daimler was used into the 60’s and even by several other countries as late as 1971. Sri Lanka even had Mk 1 and Mk 2 in service during their civil war 1983-2009…

I too have been wanting this one for a very long time.

2 Likes

Chaps, if you need modelling inspiration for post-war vehicles have a scroll through this:

Microsoft Word - DFV-File Part D006b-RAC-Yomanary (daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk)

Loads of good images of both armoured cars and scout cars (Dingo) in service with the Territorial Army - some in colour.

2 Likes

Well Sh*t. I’m going to need one of those. They need to do an A11 Matilda.

2 Likes

And Gecko would be just the company to do one. They’ve already done the A9 and A10 to perfection.

1 Like

Not quiet the postman, but Mrs Pod and kids via the nordic house breaker

7 Likes

That Leopard has certainly piqued my interest Paul, as has the book on Oman. I was seconded there on Loan Service from 85 to 87; 'had a blast(!)

1 Like