What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Thanks for the heads up! It looks like a really good kit, a few injector pin marks to get rid of but the detail looks good ! This one will go into the stash for now, I have a real soft spot for WW2 British/Commonwealth soft skins lately (pun intended)

1 Like

That looks like a very interesting kit bash! How many of these were made @petbat ? Thanks for the heads up for the jig instructions. Anything to aid in the construction of this will be of assistance.

I just ordered 2 different sets of British WW2 stretchers from Minor through BNA for my proposed build.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many were made. I know the French received around 33 LVT 4 in 1950 and converted some of those as Bofors carriers, then they received an additional unspecified number of LVT a few years later (1954?). The first batch appear to have been based on your ‘Early’ type but the Suez One is based on a ‘Late’

3 Likes

More books arrived to add to my Osprey collection.

The Martini-Henry Rifle

War Elephants

5 Likes

The postie dropped these off today for the W.O.T 6. After reading some reviews and a bit of research the kit tyres are for post WW2…and they are rubber/vinyl. These will be much better!

6 Likes

Fired the parts cannon from Sprue Bro’s again. UPS delivered late yesterday so it’s Panzer’s & Coffee this morning.

Very happy to acquire a new Big T 70’s vintage:

Back to the Future with RFM, my favorite New Kid on the Block.

Then a quick run for this bitchin Border 109 in 1/35 tank tank scale :slight_smile:

Background noise? Nope, it’s just the moaning & gnashing of teeth by a few grumpy large scale plane modelers.

14 Likes

I’m definitely keeping my local delivery guy in a job! These just arrived this afternoon. All for the stash, but the Asuka M4A2 may be on the cards after my Cromwell build.

10 Likes

Wasn’t supposed to be adding to my stash, but spotted a bargain on Hannants and my paper thin resolve broke!

13 Likes

Odd little thing I’ve noticed with derelict wrecks of Grant’s in Australia, it appears some were retrofitted with Sherman suspensions - presumably those which remained in service after the war. I’ve never been able to find out if the Australians kept any Lees and did the same to them; it would be helpful as I have an Academy Lee with the “too tall” M3 bogies, but which has a set of Sherman bogies…

Regards,

M

Sorry Tom. From what I believe, your answer is no - but never say never. After the war, a lot of tanks were sold off and stripped back for Commercial use as tractors, etc.

Of what was kept in service, the Grant with it’s larger turret was preferred over the Lee. To keep these Grant’s in service, they got Sherman replacement suspension components.

Here are some pics of post war Grant/Lee civilian use vehicles

Several Grants were used on the Snowy Mountain Hydroelectricity Scheme construction:

12 Likes

These are great. Very interesting

1 Like

A combined picture of all new additions to my stash since last month:

The BN4500S will take the 5 t. Standard Trailer, I build in memory of late Robert Jan, in tow.
The UAZ will become the Sanitary Vehicle of Bulgarian 5th Border Detachment from mid 1990’s( a Golden Memory).
The BN9b(Sd.Kfz.6) will tow a Bulgarian 10cm. s.F.K. 18.
The rubber raft(kl. Flosssack 34) will go into the loadbed of the BN4500S.
Both le. Pi.Sturmboot 39 (including a third one I’ll need to scratchbuild) will represent the load of the Sturmboot Trailer Sd.Anh.108, I intend to scratchbuild this year.

No presents from Santa Klaus here :wink:

Cheers,
Angel

7 Likes

Very rarely do I post over here in the armour section but thought I’d share these, although not sure if they belong in armour.

All 3D printed in 1/700 the Vienna Augarten Gefechts-Turm and Leit-Turm
Next to the G-tower is a row of staff cars

And a close up of the guns

6 Likes

Luciano, those are super cool! What’s the end game for these?

Man that look Good!

Wow! Always been a fan of the Flak Towers; fantastic!

So this gem came in the mail today.

This is the very first model I ever built. My dad brought it home one day out of the blue along with a bright orange tube of Testors cement. I was maybe 7?

We sat at the dining room table over a couple nights and dad watched patiently (making sure I didn’t take my fingers off with the big yellow Olfa knife) while I made an absolute disaster of it.

No idea what happened to the original but one of the fuel barrels turned up in a Lego bucket a while ago.

My dad turns 70 this year and I’ve completely run out of gift ideas, so I’m gonna build this one up proper for him.

17 Likes

SSyms, 6 Axle, 80 ton, Plattformwagen
from SABRE

I have complained in the past, (you? oh surely not) about the Dragon 4 axle flatcar being just a rolling box with no underbody structure or detail. Well this kit from Sabre totally puts that complaint to rest. Over 400 parts plus PE! I am sure there are details in this kit that the original designer of the car long ago forgot about!

It is nothing short of amazing. ~ Each 6 wheel truck is a model maker’s work of art all in itself.

Looking at the sprues I am a little daunted to even try and take on this project!

9 Likes

Fantastic! I have been trying to get my hands on one of these, can I ask where you purchased it from?

Sounds like a very very well thought out present :gift:. Well done. Bet you will have one very chuffed recipient.