What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Don’t forget the ties which were often the same colour as the shirt and around 8" wide. Jeez, with our short military haircuts we must have looked d**ks(!)

4 Likes

There is a French built campaign going on right now. I have started my kit as a Bulgarian vehicle and so far Tamiya smooth. The tank is small, makes a Stuart seem decent size.

Also, if I lived that close to Andy’s to walk in, I would be living on the street. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thats still the height of fashion in Australia innit?

3 Likes

No, apparently thrashing the English Test Team is the height of Aussie fashion at the moment!

:grin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Ooooh! Harsh!

2 Likes

Though it was throwing out tennis players, is the latest fashion :joy::joy:

3 Likes

And locking down whole states because someone farted on a cattle farm somewhere.

The penny will drop there eventually…

3 Likes

No fat people back then?

I see those mens fashion ads and think WKRP in Cincinnati… :rofl:

I wonder if the short OP corduroy shorts will ever make a comeback? I still have the legs for those… :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking of entering the R-35 into the Made in France GB. Haven’t made up my mind there yet. It does look small. Hell, the S-35 “medium tank” that I finished in 2020 is close in size to a Stuart.

And agreed about being close to Andy’s and breaking the bank. It is a bit of a drive for me to get there, and the in store stock is not what is in the online warehouse, as I found out last year. So I tend to visit every other month or so.

1 Like

Not the Postman but visited my LHSs today. Always wanted to build the carrier so added that to the stash at my first stop. At my second stop the clearance shelf had the resicast update set, it was meant to be lol. I also grabbed the model kasten tracks because the price was too good to walk away from and I am getting ready to start the Tamiya PZ IIF. I’ve never used individual link tracks before so I may not use them this time around .

Tom

9 Likes

$16 CAD is a steal for that update set. Enjoy.

For your information, there is also this set from Riich. Running gear and link-length tracks.
Fixed lengths for the “straight” runs and indy-links to curve around sprocket and idler wheel.

Look at the contents and instructions:

3 Likes

Yeah I was a little stunned to see it at that price but quickly recovered, grabbed it and ran lol.

1 Like

Thanks for that I have been looking at the resin ones and feeling pretty intimidated. I wont tackle this for a while as I have never worked with resin or a conversion set before. I want to get a couple of OOBs under my belt before I try this.

The postie has been busy so far this week. The AFV CLUB Buffalo indy tracks are from Taiwan, the Accurate Armour stuff is from Scotland and the W.O.T. 6 is from here in Aus!

9 Likes

A few hours work just cleaning up the track parts Nick. I have just finished that myself. I am about to commence assembly… Have the long sleeved white jacket ready…

6 Likes

Oh thats a great system of organsing all the parts!! Which LVT kit are your track links for? I have the AFV CLUB LVT-4 early type and the star decals set. My plan is to do the red cross version.

1 Like

I have the AFV Club LVT-4 Late. I am marrying it up with a AFV Club Bofors and, together with some Scratch Building, I am doing this for the “African Nations Campaign”

I’ll give you a tip - make a jig to help put these together or you will go spare. I just made this one after a bit of trial and error:

The rod segments just make sure all the scalloped links are assembled facing the same way…

I put one pronged section in, then use a small alligator clip to hold that in, whilst I get the opposite one in. Then I insert the retaining clip over the one I just put in, remove the clip and then push the plate into place. They have small holes and pins to hold the plate in place, so you it wont fall out before you glue it down.

Oh. Make sure all the pin holes are clean of flash. Some have a whisker of flash that needs to be removed. A size 73 or 74 drill bit is what you need.

8 Likes

It’s solid kit. Dry fit everything and pay close attention to the chassis assembly. Some of the crossmembers can be reversed and it’ll mess up your assembly down the road if you’re not careful.

2 Likes