What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Something for the Flareside and Bronco.

3 Likes

Ryan,
That should cover all your plate needs for the rest of your life. :upside_down_face:
joel

Almost :sunglasses: my state and a few others have vintage places for vehicles of x years of age. My state is 30 yrs. Then there is state plates like that sheet for x timeframes, my state has had a few over the years. If I make the ‘67 Flareside for ‘67, I don’t want 2020 plates and we are only talking the US here. :joy:

1 Like

Hey Joel,
Maybe try this site, QR code from their website:
I haven’t tried this before, so I hope posting it is ok.
qrcode_www.mshobbies.com

mark,
Do I need a special app on my phone to read the QR code?

joel

I believe a standard camera will read it or you can just click on the image to take you there in this case.

1 Like

The camera on my phone reads QR codes, maybe yours also.

Tank & Mark,
Thanks for the help. Will try it out asap and let you guys know how it worked out.

joel

1 Like

Just in case the QR didn’t work.
http://www.mshobbies.com/

So, I’m not totally sure why I bought this, and I’m not totally sure what I’m going to do with it:

I might do a short P&D trailer for my 1969 Dodge L700. Time will tell.

Jim

4 Likes

mark,
The code bar didn’t work as my phone had no idea what to do with it, but the site link works just fine.
joel

1 Like

Happy shopping, Joel!

Whichever path you take, make sure you take plenty of paint! I’m about 40% through my 48’ Reefer and chewing through my white paint stocks rapidly!

Cheers, D

Mark,
Thanks. I just love shopping for auto model stuff. Although my wife thinks I’m more then a little nuts at my age as the stash still manages to grow, just slower then before, paint, supplies, and detailing items haven’t slowed down one bit.

joel

1 Like

That’s it! No more tanks. I’m on a strictly glossy diet until at least well into the summer holiday. Here’s my whole haul, including a bit of paint, thinner, and a new painting stand!

Those of you with a keen eye and a memory of my Prius project might arrive at the conclusion that I’ve got something for Toyota vehicles :grin:.

First up- Tamiya’s new Kawasaki Ninja (the carbon edition no less!) I will build this as a birthday gift for my father, who used to own a ninja back in the 90’s. I figured it would be a neat callback to those days for him.

Next on the list - the Gazoo Racing endurance car TS050. A novel hybrid design typical of Toyota’s recent endeavors with the technology, this car took first place at the 2018 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Finally, I decided to pick up another GR Supra, as I was so enthralled with the first one I made. This will most likely have an unconventional paint scheme as well.

Indeed, I’ve also been eyeing up Tamiya’s older Castrol Supra GT - though I probably wouldn’t paint it up with race markings. Regardless, that’s a ways off yet :wink:

5 Likes

Bring on the shiny!
Excellent haul there Dennis, looking forward to the build reports as these hit the bench mate!

Cheers, D

1 Like

Dennis,
Now that’s one great haul for sure. You Canadians are lucky in that you can get Tamiya’s true lacquer paints and even their upgraded lacquer thinner with retarder. It’s their answer to the Mr. Color Leveling Thinner #400.

Looking forward to your Toyota Gazoo build for sure.

joel

1 Like

Well I got these a couple of weeks ago for my birthday.
Alpha Models resin 1/24th Aston Martin DBS Superleggera, from my Better Half and Luciano (who chose it and bought it as a joint pressie from both of them).
And a 1/25th Revell 58 Corvette Roadster, that I bought for myself.

Andy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s quite a haul Dennis. I have only tried Tam. LP once; most likely he best paint I have ever tried.

That is one nice birthday present Andy.

1 Like

Andy,
Nice birthday models for sure. I’m really impressed with the Alpha Aston Martin DBS Superleggera. Sure hope that you move it right to the front of your build list ASAP.
joel

1 Like