What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Time to make you guys crazy

Just printed some turbofan wheels for the Prius :smiling_imp:

No fair!! I have to buy all my detail parts :tired_face: :disappointed:
joel

Resin printers can be had for around $330 CAD these days, so if you’re ever interested, they’re getting less expensive! Also, there’s lots of designs you can download and print (including full engines) for absolutely free. These wheels were ripped off a website called cults 3d, for instance. Then you can resize or modify them to suit your needs.

1 Like

A contest purchase.

Another kit showed up today. This one is @Joel_W fault as his build made me want one. :grinning:

5 Likes

I’d be interested to see how you get a Porsche 917 to tow a flatbed trailer :smiley: Be sure to do a blog on this one!

cheers
Michael

2 Likes

Ryan,
Now there’s two kits from the end of the automotive model hobby if ever I saw one. I’ve got my eye on finally getting that Porsche kit as it comes with an engine. I already have plans for it.

joel

1 Like

As my collection of race cars is building your post and a buddy selling his kit just collided at the right time. I don’t have to deal with the clear window, just a plastic plug on the roof like you do so that was a nice bonus to me.

Ryan,
To this day I never really understood what the need for that roof window was for. Makes no real sense, and it was just another area that rain could find its way in.

If you ever change your mind about the kit, give me a shout out. As long as the sprues are sealed, I’m interested.

joel

1 Like

Did they think roof impaired the drivers vision to any overhead track systems and that was a work around measure?

I will keep that in mind if I sell the kit.

Ryan,
about the only track systems that a driver looks back then was his pit board and any boards being held by marshals. I can’t imagine any driver racing at speed and taking his eyes off the track in front of him other then to check the gauges on his dash down a straight or quickly glance at his mirrors. There’s just no reason to looks straight up and actually see what you might be looking at.
Plus the majority of 917s from the K to the LM had solid roofs and I can’t recall any other car manufacture having it.

The only place that makes any sense at all is when you’re in the pits and look up as the car is so low, but you can’t hear anyone talking to you unless the doors are open, so the driver looks out the door, and the other person looks in the door.
joel

Ordered direct from Detail Master for my Mack truck and future projects.

3 Likes

A couple of additions this week, and not a Tri-5 Chevy in sight :thinking:

First up, a tiny little Tilly to go with my Short Stirling build

Then a nice big Opel Blitz that I picked up pre=loved at a great price. I will do this one in a well-used civvy scheme I think, something like the box art.

Cheers, D

4 Likes

Most likely my last kits I’ll get from Ukraine for a long time … :cry:
Got them both on our club meeting yesterday. The Hochlader Pritsche was them last one that our LHS member had …
UA

5 Likes

Two kits came in the mail today.

1 Like

It didn’t arrive in the mail, but I picked this one up today. Definitely not in my normal area of interest but just couldn’t leave it sitting there on the shelf.

5 Likes

Return to whence you purchased said petrol transport… Sir, may I have another?
You need to render both colour schemes, me thinks. :art: :paintbrush:
:smiley:

2 Likes

Well here we go anew - two wheels this time instead of four . This is Model Factory Hiro’s latest offering and it just arrived today .

What’s in the box to follow and build log as well once I begin. Having just completed the Alfetta I may do a pallet cleansing simple build before tearing into this but I may be kidding myself. VERY tempting.
Cheers- Richard

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

1 Like

Richard,
Even though it only has just two wheels. I’ll be following your build from start to finish.

As for that Pallet cleansing, it’s just not in your nature. By now you’ve surely been indoctrinated into the Darkside 100%, and there’s just no turning back now.

joel

1 Like

Two autos showed up today.

2 Likes