What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Noice! I had a vette as the possible Chevy product. 1/16 Bel Air jumped in my mind as the last one I looked at but figured y’all didn’t have a HobbyLobby that was selling them and I was not sure it was a set.

1 Like

D,
I have one Accurate Miniature’s kit in my stash, and it’s not for the faint of heart. The Mclaren M8B.

Looking forward to following all the builds.

joel

Another one followed me home.

2 Likes

Good to have some prime pork at christmas, makes a change from turkey… Happy new year and enjoy your build.

Watto.

1 Like

Ryan, you’re a good man taking care of those strays. Kind and generous act!

Looking forward to your build reports.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Not all super hero’s wear capes. I do what I can. :rofl:

Been debating the colors, the silver with black interior is growing on me. Checking to make sure I have all the colors as I will probably be using Tamiya paint for this one.

1 Like

This beauty.

2 Likes

From Texas 3D Customs. https://tx3dcustoms.com

1/25 Chevy 82-90 S-10 grill
1/24 NASCAR
1/24 Off road package

1 Like

A very rare kit

3 Likes

Picked these up today, something new for me with a pair of resin cast bodies. Fodder for a future dual-build for sure, 57 Chevy Sedan Delivery bodies and floor pans and RHD dashboards.

The casting looks good with very little in the way of flash or bubbles. Some clean-up to do but they will make a great addition to the '57 Chevy display!

Cheers, D

4 Likes

D,
Looking forward that that duel build for sure. I’ve got a resin kit that I keep on looking at but never took that 1st step.

joel

Picked up the Tamiya Beetle from the local hobby store and then some 3D parts from Texas 3D Custom.

5 Likes

Nice score. Bugs always look good under a roof rack

2 Likes

They also make a nice subject for mixing one’s hobby interests:

Cheers,

M

4 Likes

Yep, TX3D has some nice prints for Baja and other mods. I am going more stock with a few additions. Haven’t picked a color as of yet.

Went to HobbyLobby today and this followed me home.

2 Likes

Cool find Ryan.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie Diamonds Are Forever is the source of one of the biggest continuity errors in movie history. During the chase down the alley, the Mustang goes up on two wheels right side on the bottom and comes out left side on the bottom. They had to add a scene were they tilted the camera to show Jill St. John and Connery go from one up to the other. Trivia geek.

2 Likes

It seems the kit honours that tradition; it is the sad old MPC '73 Mustang with new bits rather than AMT '71 which had a more accurate body shape but was vandalised to produce a Road Racer last seen as the Warren Tope '73 Mustang. I had hoped to be able to cross-kit the two but it’s not going to happen. Nor can I use it to build the original “Elanor”, a '71 altered to look like '73 because that would need a stock hood.
For everything you want to know about the “Diamonds are Forever” mustangs see here:

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

After seeing @Kleber photos of his GSX-RR, I had to get some aftermarket for my kit.
First to the mailbox today:

Next is some Decalcas resin parts on the way from Spain.

3 Likes

Good stuff……

:grinning:

1 Like