What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

These arrived from HLJ today. Oddly, I received an email this morning say that they were scheduled to ship from Atlanta, GA, on 3/6. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Jim

6 Likes

:thinking: probably because YOUR kit order is still shipping. That is MY kit order :grin:

1 Like

Well, I’ll build them & let you know how they are. :grin:

Jim

2 Likes

I have that Merc in the stash but its not going to get built anytime soon so would love to see you work your magic on it.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know about “magic”, Michael; but I’ll give it my best shot.

Jim

1 Like

Some detailing materials

Saw these two kits and had to get them.

5 Likes

We had a 2 day Model Train Show and Swap Meet here this past weekend. I scored a rig that has a very personal connection. Around 10 years ago I missed this same model at this show by about 5’. Never expected to see another, except collectors specimens on e-bay which are too rich for my blood.

The winter of '58-'59 my father sold out of a Veterinary practice in NW Illinois and we moved back to Ohio. I spent that winter and early spring living on my grandparents farm in the south central part of the state. There, at the ripe old age of 5, I learned to drive. I learned to steer while sitting on my grandfathers lap and as I got bigger and could operate the clutch and brakes while standing up I was allowed to operate certain equipment in the fields. When I got big enough to reach the pedals while seated I was able to operate more complex machinery and haul grain and hay wagons on the highway. Needless to say, for a big city kid growing up in Cleveland, yearly trips to the farm were hog heaven.

Several years back my wife commissioned this painting as a Christmas present. Walnut Grove was the 500 acres my grandfather farmed. While the model is great, it is the man behind the model, my grandfather, who is really important for it is the people and the connections that you make in life that truly matter.
Tim

14 Likes

Lovely story of golden memories, Tim! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, indeed a great memory you have there. Also, love the painting of the tractor in the snow. Whoever painted it shows his great talent. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

The figure is for Mack truck in the convoy campaign.

4 Likes

Also for the convey and other builds, mud flaps and floor mats.

2 Likes

After picking up the Farmall H (posted above) I cruised E-bay and bought the following.

This one is in much worse shape as it was apparently dropped at some point. The important thing is that all of the pieces are here including the light bar which is missing from my first “H” purchase. Now we see about getting some 3-D printed copies, put the original piece on the first tractor and rebuild the second tractor. We will then commit the ultimate sacrilege and make this one look like the 15 year old work horse I remember.

3 Likes

Not today, but yesterday I picked up a package from the Post Office from Spot Model in Spain. Great service! Some Decalcas detail parts and a Marco Moto Designs jig. Been wanting the jig for awhile and finally bit the bullet.

2 Likes

These arrived the other day from The Model Car Channel Store.

Great service & fast shipping.

Jim

3 Likes

Picked this & some paint up today from a LHS.

Jim

6 Likes

4 Likes

Cool rally cars.

Jim

1 Like

Been in a bit of a lull in my model making and need something to get me moving again. So I thought, love the look of this, could be weathered nicely as post race, or even as a barn find, or even in bare metal as the photo on the side of box seems to show. Not worried about historical accuracy etc, just want to build, paint and weather something to my own satisfaction. Not opened the box yet, looking forward to that!

9 Likes

That looks cool Jim, plenty of scope for extra detail on the big-scale kits as well. Looking forward to your build progress reports when you get started!

Cheers, D

1 Like

Postie was very kind to me today, delivered a couple of kits that have taken a while to hunt down.

First up, a factory sealed Monogram '57 Corvette, identical to the kit I used to build the '56 in my C1 series project. Now I can move forward again! I already had an AMT '57 Corvette in the stash, but it is 1/25 scale. This will give me the '56 and '57 in the same scale. After this one there will be some 1/25 kits to build as the '58 to '62 Corvette kits aren’t available in 1/24 that I can see.

Next up is the '57 Chevy Stepside which completes the set of 4 light trucks (Cameo and Stepside, '55 and '57).

Happy building folks!

Cheers, D

5 Likes