What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

Will do. Might make a start in a couple of weeks.
I did a test fit of the nacelles and mounting pylons and they all lined up perfectly. Probably the best fit of any resin kit I’ve ever had. Having a closer look at it I have noticed some very faint striations on some parts, so it’s a cast of a 3D printed master. So that would account for the precise fit.
Really looking forward to starting it and it’s given me an excuse to watch STV over the weekend!

Looking at that lighting kit for the Excelsior in 1/1000. Wonder if I can adapt one to the older Enterprise-B kit?

1 Like

It should be possible, but a couple of extra LED’s might need to be added for the additional impulse engines on the saucer.
Besides from that, I think the only other difference was the shape of the forward engineering hull which shouldn’t really affect the lighting.

I’ve been looking at a couple of the lighting kits for some of the ones in the stash. The set for the Revell TOS Enterprise is very tempting, especially as it has the simulated rotation of the bussard collectors.

I only have the 1/350 and 1/1000 Trek kits, so the other light kits don’t work for me.

Isn’t the Revell 1/600 or something odd?

1 Like

It’s something like that yes. Revell were quite clever in making it ready for lights OOB. Everything that needs to be lit is in clear plastic.
Horrible panel lines though!

Birthday treat for myself.

LOVE the retro boxart on this! Going to be fun to build this one I think.

7 Likes

Noice, this is the first kit I recall building.

2 Likes

Is it the recent reissue with the walls all the way around?

1 Like

@brekinapez Yes, complete bridge with decals for all the consoles and screens. I think the figures might be new as well? Only has six with some optional heads. I might try my hand at resin casting one or two to add all the main characters.

@Tank_1812 it’s a really nice looking old kit. I can definitely see how this would’ve appealed to younger models on it’s first release.
I missed the last couple of reissues, do didn’t want to miss this one.

If I get a chance this week, I’ll post some photos of what’s in the box.

3 Likes

The fact the manufacturer’s logo is not on front really adds a retro feel!
Based on the figures in the centre, who is the 6th not shown? Uhura or Scotty?

1 Like

I would go with Uhura as bridge crew… ?

1 Like

I didn’t know they did a reissue of the kit. I still have these two from back in the 1970s. Loved the phaser!!

7 Likes

Uhura was in the original kit, so presumably so…

1 Like

You’ve got 3 seated and 2 standing male and 1 seated female figure.
These are the options.

The second female head looks like Yoeman Rand on the sprue. Tried to get a photo, but the glossy white plastic isn’t showing up very well through the camera!

I’d like to add Scotty at his engineering station, maybe another of the unamed characters in an unoccupied seat. If I was any good at sculpting, I’d do Sisko and Dax.

@Harv I think they did reissue the exploration set a couple of years ago, but I never saw one. Would be a cool set to have on display.

4 Likes

Bought a couple of models from Cozmic.
The Type-15 Shuttlepod from TNG and a Starfleet Workbee.
Both single piece castings, they’ll need a bit of cleaning up in a few spots.

Some good options on the decal sheets too. Not just for the Enterprise but Spacedock, San Francisco Fleet Yards etc. The Workbee has a set of canopy masks, so will be interesting to see how they work.

8 Likes

75mm figure with base from scientificmodels

6 Likes

I pre-ordered the Squadron Models 1/72 Haunebu II German Flying Saucer kit and it arrived today.

8 Likes

I finally purchased The Phantom of the Opera kit which I’ve been meaning to do for some time. Atlantis re-released it.

. Creatures & Comics

5 Likes

. Creatures & Comics

The Game

4 Likes

. Creatures & Comics

The Game

5 Likes