What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

Big boxe from ‘Squadron’ happened today!

“What’s the idea of this?! Why do you do things like this?!” :man_facepalming:

—mike :smiling_imp::rocket:

Note: moved from the ‘Armor’ category.

7 Likes

i like the look of the nazi flying saucer but i hear it’s a bit expensive.

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty big kit expenditure for me… No high-maintenance girlfriend here, so who else am I gonna’ spend my money on? And besides, the box is a whopping H5" x W15" x L16" and is chocked full of styrene goodness. :package:

PS: Thinking of getting a 1/72 scale German truck to sit beside the Haunebu II for a truer sense of scale. …:flying_saucer:

—mike

4 Likes

… and these just arrived from ‘Squadron!’

. . . . …:flying_saucer:

—mike

8 Likes

i came across this 3D printed version

1 Like

Wow! That’s a pretty cool option. Seems around the same scale as Squadron’s 'Haunebu kit.
• Height: 150mm 5.91"
• Diameter: 320mm 12.6"

However, at that size, it leaves me wondering how much printing material that would eat up, and of course, you would need a 3D printer that can handle that size.:thinking:

PS: I’m pondering converting the ‘Haunebu II’ into a ‘Roomba’… complete with ‘The Jetsons’ flying car audio’ . . …:flying_saucer:

To the kitchen and beyond! . . …:flying_saucer: :laughing:
—mike

1 Like

I’ve had a few things 3D printed and they wouldn’t print that all in one go but in sections like regular kit…it’s on my wish list.

1 Like

I went back to their site and found a lot more images. Here’s the ‘Anti Gravity UFO’ in printed sections.

I particularly like the center engine which looks to have the option for glow lighting… Something to keep in mind for the 'Haunebu II.':bulb:
. . . . …:flying_saucer:

—mike

4 Likes

Birthday gift from my daughter arrived today. I consider this successful fathering :grin:.

Cheers,
Colin

8 Likes

That looks like a good one. Cozmic make some cool stuff.
I see it’s also the version with the interior. Should make for an interesting build, although I’m not sure how I would go about displaying it with it all visible.

I’m hoping they’re going to do a cockpit set for the AMT Runabout. They already do a set of DS9 figures, so it would make sense.

I’ll probably place an order for the lighting kit and base. That might help a bit.
The biggest challenge will be getting rid of the 3D print lines. I’ll try using high build automotive primer on the back side of some parts and see where that gets me but I expect it will come down to sand paper and elbow grease.

Cheers,
Colin

2 Likes

I’m currently working on their Type-15 Shuttlepod and I’m finding that it sands very easily. A lot like cast resin. I got lucky and there were not many print lines. They sanded out well and a couple of deeper ones disappeared after painting on some thick Mr Surfacer and a quick sanding. A couple of hours of work and more or less ready for paint.

The Delta Flyer looks like it has more complex shapes to all the flat sides on the pod, so I’m guessing there are some in a few awkward spots?
I’ll be interested to see how your build goes.

1 Like

The awkward spots are as you mentioned earlier in your shuttle build, around the details. I’m hoping the nice curvy shape will make the sanding a bit easier as there are very few tight corners to get into just lots of surface area - the silly thing’s a foot long.
I always thought the Delta Flyer was a highlight of the Voyager series so any extra effort is worth it.

As to how the build goes, I’m kind of curious about that myself.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Wow! That’s a lot bigger than I expected. Looking at a similar size to the AMT Runabout. I never got the impression from the series that it was that big, but it makes sense with all that room in the back.
The Type-15 in comparison is just 5cm long at 1/72. Really too small to make any kind of sense as a space ship (Geordie even flew one to Risa and back on leave, despite it being non-warp capable), but I put that down to budget and space on set.
It’s going to be a good project and a great gift from your daughter.

Sci-fi soldier is my niche. This will entertain me for the up coming holidays.

5 Likes

Had this one arrive today to add to my German flying saucer collection.

5 Likes

Did you mean… “flying saucer Invasion?!”
:flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer:
:flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer:
:flying_saucer::flying_saucer::flying_saucer:

3 Likes

:alien:

1 Like

long long long waiting … better late than never :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Fantastic kit.

1 Like