Why are you all Upside Down?

Greetings from Melbourne Australia.
Long time modeller but never progressed much bast basic paintwork.

Mostly paint planes (WWII mainly) a bit of armour and a sprinkle of cars/bikes and space/scifi topics.
Also a keen wargame painter, but that’s a whole other kettle of fish.

Can fully expect 1001 technique questions as i get going with some new kits.
have a couple of “bucket list” kits already but they’ll be waiting for some skill development before i go breaking them out.

14 Likes

🫨… There, is that better? :slightly_smiling_face:
Welcome aboard, mate! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Welcome along to the forum!

2 Likes

Ah that’s it you’re the right way up now. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks all. Feeling daunted by some of the paint work on display here… but practice practice practice

2 Likes

No it isn’t, we tolerate, nay, welcome, all sorts of eccentricities! I know, I’m the weirdest here…
:partying_face:
Cheers,

M

4 Likes

That’s good to know!
being raised on old Airfix and 80’s Tamiya kits, i always find wargames idea of scale amusing… and representation of detail is well, “Imaginative” at times.

Still, a lot of technique carry through, and a lot that doesn’t easily.

Bit like a classical guitarist playing blues. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Kitmaker family Drew, great to see another Melbournite join the crew!

Here, this is how it should be . . . . . . .

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? I’m way out NE in Strathewen.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work mate.

Cheers, D

7 Likes

Great to see another ANZAC on board, like to hear more about your 35th scale Armour projects, Aus Armour and Workshop Wednesday has really put Australia on the map for me Armour wise, welcome to the club.
WORKSHOP WEDNESDAY: Changing rusty worn out track on our WWII RADIAL Grant Tank! (youtube.com)

3 Likes

Welcome Drew. Nice to have you join the party … Well, I say party … its more like day release lol … look forward to seeing what you build … And if you have questions, this is the place to find the answers.

3 Likes

Welcome to Armorama Drew! You’re going to enjoy it here and learn a lot. Like John said, the atmosphere is more like day release, except we have no adult supervision!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard (Even if I did have to read your post in a mirror! LOL!)

Will be looking forward to seeing what you might be willing to share with the rest of us.

Happy modeling!

4 Likes

Thanks all.

Oh I definitely come without adult supervision.

2 Likes

I’m South out in Glen Waverley area.

Currently finishing up some pre existing projects.

Have an atrociously molded Ford/Shelby Mustang I’ve been using to retrain myself. It’s passable for a “relearning” exercise. I shall never buy an AMT/ERTL kit again thinking im getting anything decent

i’ll be alternating some sci-fi wargaming project with scale models kind of to break the routine a bit.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

My wife, children, and several of my friends would beg to differ with that statement. But hey, it’s not a contest. There’s room for all!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link… i’m still collecting new yout tube channels to learn from.

As for armour…have a PZIV and Hummel in boxes. and Looking for good examples of a Swedish .err S-Tank. not sure of the proper classification but those wedge shaped things that looks like a flattened STUG

see current collection here:

5 Likes

I’m new here too, and I’ve already learnt quite a bit from skulking around. Welcome

3 Likes