Why oh why not a Saracen...?

I have the 1/35th Saladin with idea of building a Salamander crash fire appliance, a 1/35 drawing and an ACE 1/72 to use and a guide while scratch building. Perhaps I should change to a Saracen just to trigger a manufacturer to release one as mention above,

1 Like

[Dan]
Can’t have too many RFM T55s in my book!

Nothing wrong with rfm or t55’s, but…
What has this to do with Saracens?

Because the Topic author was pointing out that there are maybe too many T55 kits about?

Just a hunch.

1 Like

There us a UK seller on €-8@y who lists a resin Saracen 3D print in various scales, including 1/35.

Caveat, I have not purchased this, nor do I know the seller, and they are only showing a 3D render, not the actual print.

This at least proves the existence of a 3D File.

For 1/35, printed, that is way to cheep. £28.

1 Like

frankBritish Bulldog!

6m

For 1/35, printed, that is way to cheep. £28.

Agreed, but interesting

There are some outstanding subjects on that site with outstanding prices, however the old adage is you get what you pay for. I especially like the Champ, 434 and anything with the Saladin 6 wheel set up.

Lol nice one Robin !

1 Like

It was brought up at the beginning of the thread.

Time to pester Gecko models with a good centurion too lol.
Good luck trying to contact them on the Gecko models contact us bit.

Well chaps, I have sent emails to ALL and I mean ALL the relevant armour makers out there, but so far no response…as per usual…LOL…! DANG, it can’t be THAT hard to get yer mitts on the plans, or go and scan a real one somewhere, can it…? I retired and got bored, so I work part time at HobbySense here in Winnipeg…chk the site…www.hobbysense.ca , and I see truckloads of T-everything from the likes of ICM, MiniArt, IBG, etc., so no shortage of Ruskie stuff. We’ve got Abrahms, Modern British tanks, Viet-Nam stuff, the list goes on…BUT NO SARACENS…!! Gecko has made some neat skid-steers, and Takom has made an Erkranoplan…BUT NO SARACENS…sorry, you get my drift…having a building block at the worst time…trying to get going and finish a commission build of a Mitsubishi Lancer Rally car that I have absolutely no interest in, and wish I had charged more so the chap would have not agreed to me building it for him…lesson learned… :frowning:

1 Like

Unless the Cartel voids DML’s (unused, and likely to stay that way) production allotment before it expires in 2025, you won’t.

KL

2 Likes

I can’t believe anyone still believes this unless they’ve never seen an online catalog or been to a model show since 1995. The sheer number and wide range of available subjects in 1/35 in just the last five years puts rhis whole line of complaint to lie. It’s not even close enough to reality to be funny.

KL

3 Likes

WTH are you talking about…!!! All I’m asking is why can’t these companies try something different for a change…? I guess the answer is the usual…so many builders still like them. It just seems odd they would make all these daft paper panzers, and wiff on a real subject that is rather nifty in my opinion. But then, I like dinosaur models, so I guess I’m alone on this matter…

1 Like

Because it’s the Cartel that decides what kits are produced, not modelers, and not even indivdual model companies (to any practical extent). They don’t try because they’re not allowed to try.

KL

1 Like

I wish they would, l would buy 2. 1 BAOR and one Hong Kong Police.

1 Like

Link to a different Ebay 3D seller on this forum page. Badger 3d Saracen

I’ve ordered a few bits from them, (not the Saracen) to scope the quality & lead times. I’ll update when I have news.

I still fail to see the reason so many modelers seem to have a disdain for resin kits. Accurate-Armour does several versions as I recall. With an injection molded kit, by the time you’ve purchased to PE upgrade and the obligatory resin wheels. You’ve spent the same amount of money. And if by chance there’s a problem with parts, A-A has always been very responsive and easy to reach

1 Like

Fully agree with you on that one, also find some of them, go together quicker.

2 Likes

Nicely done!
And how true - obstinate seams in plastic- sit pressing them together for half an hour while watching Netflix.
Seams in resin - hit with CA and accelerator and move on.