Wild Weasel 2023

The desert storm phantoms would be in gunship grey and dark ghost grey? Were there any other colors? Hard to make out from the Meng instructions online…

Hill Gray camouflage for Desert storm, as you pointed out.

But F-4G Phantoms were painted in other camo types too

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi,
hope everyone is well.
One more day till the kick off.

I’ve been tinkering with the medal to add a date as we spoke about above.
Didn’t quite turn out the way I had envisioned, what do we think?

WW medal grey Date 2023

If anyone fancies having a go at a medal, I’d love to see it and maybe we could put it to a vote?

5 Likes

I seriously think it’s very good. And you went to the effort of designing it … Gets my vote :+1:

4 Likes

I like this medal very much, IMHO maybe you could take the dot between the W’s away…
Anyway it has my vote, too!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Thanks guys.

I’ll try it again tomorrow without the full stop between the WW. Might look a bit better.

2 Likes

Campaign active. Take off!

4 Likes

Thanks Matthew.

And we’re off!

2 Likes

Yessir! Ready to taxi with this:

Take off will be later…
Cheers
Peter :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s a good choice. Fujimi’s Phantoms are really nice.
I won’t be starting mine for a least a couple of weeks myself. Want to wrap up the Movie Star campaign build first.

1 Like

Here’s mine again. …

F111A Raven

Will be a week or so till the bags get opened until I get other stuff finished up

3 Likes

Well, here is my kit

I will be using whatever I can from the eduard interior and exterior pe sets for the F-4E and F-4F (the parts for detailing the canopy are the most important ones from the interior set and the ones for the wheel wells from the exterior set).

Resin cockpit tub, nose cone, seats, exhausts and intakes of course

And what is a phantom without the stencils? Depending on the marking/camo option I might change over to black stencils instead of grey.

In the box I have the armament from two Revell kits, plus some Trumpeter 1/32 Harm missiles, so I have quite some options for the loadout.

I am yet undecided on the markings and camo option, it either going to be a wraparound three color camo with sharkmouth or the more boring (but can take up some great layering/fading) hill grey camo.

At first I wanted to do this one, but I am not too keen on doing another SEA paintjob despite the uniqueness of the stencils

I am more interested in these:

7 Likes

This is going to be a good one! The Euro-1 scheme will be a good choice. At the big scale it needs something like that. Not that I’m trying to sway your decision.

2 Likes

Had a bit of time to make a start on my F-105 today. First job is clean up the fuselage, cockpit and get a base coat of light grey on.

Got a question about some of the interior colours. The instructions suggest silver for the intakes and wheel wells. Would those be accurate for an EF-105F?

2 Likes

Instrument panels and cockpit tubs painted up. To replicate the look of the radar scopes, I first painted them light green and then a blob of Tamiya clear orange over the top. Think it turned out ok.

Just the seats to finish and then can close up the fuselage.

4 Likes

I did a search at my references and saw most wheel bays and intakes painted silver/aluminum, so I guess you should go with that.

Looking good thus far

1 Like

Thanks. That matches what the instructions are saying. Just wanted to check. I was wondering if white, light grey or even ZC green could be possible.
I’ll go with silver.

Ok, just to clarify, you are building an F-105F, not an F-105G, correct?

2 Likes

Is the intake color different on the G?

1 Like