Wish List of New Modern Kits for 2021- your top 5?

How about one of these bad boys, either the IMR

or IMR-2
either would be perfect for Meng or Takom.

3 Likes

I had not heard of Ajax AFVs before so I looked it up. Wikipedia page says something funny about them:

This [delivery] was delayed due to design and testing problems.
Test crews were required to wear noise cancelling headphones and be checked for hearing loss at the end of operations and the vehicles were unable to reverse over obstacles more than 20 centimeters high. As of March 2021, the British Army had taken deliveries of the Ares variant, whilst 12 Ajax variants are going through acceptance testing.

20 cm (less than 8 in)? Really? A loud Karen could not go backward on the steps. :smiley:

Never under-estimate the procurement debacle that has cursed the British Army - courtesy of the MOD (and sadly some of the upper echelons of the Army) - for the last 3 decades.

Not much fit for purpose anymore - and it breaks my heart - including the Army itself.

I would love to see the Swedish Archer

8 Likes

1/35 South African Ratel 90mm

ratel90

1/35 Eland 90mm

1 Like

Here are mine

1. Challenger 3
  2. Unimog 406 (its just cool looking)
  3. Bedford QL gun Portee
  4. Bedford QLC fuel bowser in 1/35
  5. Postwar Dodge Power Wagon
  6. Dodge D100

I’m mainly a truck guy, and I know a couple of these are civilian trucks. I often wonder why we get almost every version of Ford and Chevy pickup trucks, but seldom any civilian Dodge or Studebaker or International pickup trucks. I am glad to see all the cool British WWII trucks that Thunder Models and IBG have come out with in the last few years. The Scamell series is my favorite.

MP Models M50 - most accurate turret available.

That’s good news on the M50 Turret. Was looking at photos of those the other day, and I will be replacing the transmission cover on mine with a newer single piece type in place of the kit’s three piece type. I suspect that I’ll be raiding my spares bin for more stuff as well.

Your wish has been granted:

1 Like

I’d like to see a 1/48 Mi-8/Mi-17 and Ka-52. That 1/35 Trumpeter Hip is just too big for my display shelves.

1 Like

That’s the Mi-26. Although I do have the Trumpeter Mi-8MT, and it is indeed a beast.

Oh yes, I recognize the type. I should have worded my post more clearly… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A BTR-MDM…

Come on trumpeter… you have the BMD-3/4 hull.

3 Likes

I would like a 50mm Griffin III, USMC ACV with 30mm, and a USSOCOM SPIKE ATGM JLTV.

Also a plastic GMV 1.1 Flyer 72 would be nice.

I sure wish folks in these modeling companies will produce more 1/16 modern military vehicles. HMMWV, MRAPs, etc.

1 Like

1/35 m39 ( the apc based off of the hellcat)
1/16 m151 MUTT
1/35 t-92 light/airborne tank USA ( used to be at aberdeen, outside)
1/35 obiekt 490
1/35 or 1/72 "octo tank? from venus wars
( honorable mention): 1/35 bmp, bmd engine and interior

1 Like

:ballot_box_with_check:1:35 M777A2 from Vargas Scale Models is currently on my bench! :smile:
https://vargas-lg.myshopify.com/products/1-35-m-m777-155mm-light-towed-howitzer?variant=43042430353622

:ballot_box_with_check:1:35 M119 from Vargas Scale Models is on-order :smile:
1/35 M 119 / L 118 US / British 105mm Light Towed Howitzer – vargas_lg (vargas-lg.myshopify.com)

Add two new kits to my wish list:

• M44 155mm self-propelled howitzer in 1:35 (no kit available in any medium)
  • M52 105mm self-propelled howitzer in 1:35 (long out-of-production and rare Hobby Fan resin kit is the only thing out there)

Rick

Ah, this one:

Took a tumble a few week ago but making its way back in the queue.

Other than the obvious artillery guns still lacking (properly detailed ones) I’d like to see artillery related subjects such as the CM-24, which seems like a relatively simple project as most of the parts exist in kit form, the K10 ARV, again - much exists already, and the M992A3. Again, lots of parts availability, and a very thorough walk around I’ve been pimping out. While there is interest, a few more measurements are in order…

2 Likes

It uses the BMD 4M chassis completely different to the BMD 3/4 chassis. But yes Trumpeter also produces a BMD 4M so they have the chassis already.

Vargas models has released this one: 1/35 M777-A2 155mm Medium Towed Howitzer – vargas_lg

1 Like