Wish List of New Modern Kits for 2021- your top 5?

No hurry brother I’m behind scedule myself.

I agree Brian. With me, Tamiya has the greatest chance of staying the stash because the fit is good so I just have to update a good base kit. The ones with fit or scale issues I feel little pain other than the cost of replacment.

• 1/35 USSOCOM GMV 1.1 in plastic with the option of armored or unarmored.
  • 1/16 resin Javelin Gunner figure firing
  • 1/35 Textron M5 RIPSAW in plastic
  • 1/35 BAE Systems USMC Amphibious Combat Vehicle with MCT-30mm turret in plastic
  • 1/35 USAF SOF SRTV 2020 vehicle with minigun and crew of PJs in plastic
1 Like

In 35th scale and in no order:

TYPE 5 SUPERHEAVY

BLACK EAGLE
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Y_py9RQ6H4pVPcYYoXAE1NtdK8yNfqEdLzoUhRKYs5C5fIXGs12K9RNQjEF6D3t9ZJwrdStoaPQ6OMpbvzv7pZslWq14JjzgU4OAj0_RhoAkAChCKRT436TBxwvnqa2uN7-xxoI7IjUs-AVAThTiAjo

P43

MI-26 (Another ridiculous one, I know)

A recent one (247) has been fulfilled.

+1 on the GMV 1.1 :slight_smile:

I think I might be the only other contributor who has listed a helicopter (Westland Scout) but the Mi-26 would be an impressive beast indeed; I think the crossover of aircraft is quite important just to ring the changes as it were on the display tables. Whilst I’m not too sure what I’d do with a 1:35 helicopter that size, I am thinking of getting a Trumpeter Mi-8 in due course and occasionally keep an eye out for the ancient Heller Super Frelon (though I’m not sure again, what I’d actually do with it).

Brian

The 1/72 Mi-26 is huge, it would be massive at 1/35. Not sure the small attachment points could hold that weight in plastic rotors.

A very good point but I’d love to see a few more helicopters become available, even if not quite so large.

1 Like

A “small” diorama showing a truck being loaded over the rear ramp … :wink:

I have 2 more good ideas of 1/35 kits for my wish list …

Mowag Duro Yak

Mowag Eagle IV

3 Likes

That was my plan for 1/72. Didn’t get very far.

Hi all,

Lots of great ideas above, here are my choices:

1 Unimog 404 cargo and shelter body types
2 CUCV - all variants including M880s ( not technically CUCVS)
3 MAN KAT1 M1001 GLCM tractor and TEL, LCC trailer and PERSHING2
4 Ferret and Fox scout car and variants
5 Bedford MK and RL trucks.

Regards jason

M60T and TM
Altay
T32
M5 HST
Al-Khalid

All 1/35 plastic

Altay tank will be interesting. Academy should do one since the design was based on K-2 Black Panther.

I’ll give you two.:

SADF Ratel
SADF Casspir

2 Likes

I reposted this just because I like lookin’ at it.
It’d make one helluva ceiling fan, go big or go down in flames! :fire:

1 Like

Youll piss off a few ex-Koevet members, referring to the Casspir as SADF kit!

"It was at first extensively used by the infamous “Koevoet” police counterinsurgency unit in northern Namibia during the apartheid era and later also by the South-West Africa Territorial Force’s 101 Battalion and the SA Army’s 5 Reconnaissance Regiment. "

I could use these.

1.IDF M50
2.M992 FASSV
3.M53 SPG/ M55 SPH
4. FV433 Abbot
5.M44 155 SPH

1 Like

The army’s use of it was after my time Robin. The original customer was the SAP and it was developed by the CSIR. Hence its name; CASSPIR.

Is there any reading out there, other than brief mentions in one of the Koevoet books, about its use by other units?