Wow you've got a great figure!

I’m a touch baffled as the happy couple are 1/24th but the MAIM heads you show are 1/35, although they do a set in 1/24th. I bought a set of each but was somewhat disappointed as they were 3D printed (in black!) rather than resin cast and the layering was obtrusive and led to small voids. How do yours look?

Regards,

M

1 Like

They are from the 1/24 scale set. Yes they are 3D printed in black and looked as you just described. I sprayed with automotive filler primer then gently sand.

1 Like

Ok lads, little update. Cleaned up the flash on the right arm only to find mould slip.

Nice!
So, a bit of time spent cleaning up with a sharp blade and, voila! Still need to make the cleaning rod from stretched sprue.

Not too bad now. So, on to a few other things. The strap & D-ring detail on the bread bag was very soft so, replacements were made from pewter foil and wire. Filling was needed at the waist as well.

The joint at the left shoulder needed quite a bit of filling due to the fit. When this has set, I’ll put a bit more on to make it smooth. The right shoulder will need a little touch as well but, I’ll wait until painting is underway to get that done.

Until next time….:grin:
G.

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhhh…love in the apocalypse. :hearts:

4 Likes

Hello fellow Figurers! Glad to see the campaign progressing.

Here’s where things stand with my crew thus far… In order to somewhat resemble the five varying poses, I summoned the bone-saw and friends. Hip-joints and knees were broken and reset… adjustments were made… and putty was filled into the gaps.

Next up…
• Pull the AT Gun out of storage and lift-up the trails to hauling hight.
• Franken-Figure two arms to the AT Gun trails level.
• Rummage-through the Hornet Hands box… select and fit new paws to the grab-handles.

To be continued…

6 Likes

My old timey knight in 1/32 will be my entry. I picked up a bunch of these from an estate sale. Simple plug base.

7 Likes

I’ve literally just finished a figure yesterday, so need to have a think about what to do….

But consider me in

7 Likes

Look forward to it Rob, I have enjoyed that tanker build. :+1:

2 Likes

Ditto. Looking forward to your contribution here.

—mike

1 Like

Still undecided how to start, ultimately I hope to use one of those heads for a Steampunk Supervillain I’m going to call “The Bra$$ Bada$$” but I think it might take a couple of easy builds to see if I can still pull that sort of thing off…

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Those would work in Steampunk perfectly :bulb:

2 Likes

Right then, the build is finished and he’s been primed. Now the primer’s on I can appreciate the quality of the sculpt. The details really pop and he should paint up a treat! Pity I’m back at work tomorrow so, won’t be able to start the painting until Saturday……Just a thought though, he does look a bit heavyset compared to what the troops looked like back in the day. Maybe the chap they scanned had been on the pies that day :grin:.

Now, I know I said I was finished with US tankers but, after seeing Rob’s tanker, I picked up this set this morning. Might be seeing a couple of these on the thread as well….

Roll on Saturday….
G.

5 Likes

people tell me i look heavier and i tell them it’s just the baggy clothes fit makes it look that way

2 Likes

I&R! I may enter their figure called something like ‘German Infantry Stalingrad.’

3 Likes

I’m interested if the Figure Campaign requirements can be clarified. Can partial builds be entered?

I am working on a SOL Models 1/12 “Secret Agent” figure that requires painting after I primed it. Can I enter it in this Campaign, or do you want something started as totally “Unbuilt?” (The resin gear pieces aren’t part of the kit). Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes, following Phil’s lead “generous flexibility” is the order of the day.

For future campaigns something for the community to think about is what does a 25% mean for figures. For some figures there is no assembly so what is that tipping point, ie primer and a few colors etc.

3 Likes

Thanks, but would my SOL figure qualify? If it’s deemed over 25% completed, then no problem as I can always enter something that I didn’t start yet. :grinning:

I didn’t enter the Campaign yet so any decision of Yay or Nay is fine.

2 Likes

You still have 100% of painting for you, assembling a figure is the minor part I think.
just my 5 cents.

6 Likes

Yes, it qualifies.

2 Likes

Yay, so sayeth our Fearless Leader! :+1:

2 Likes