Zvezda Kamaz 5350 build log

Looks correct to me. This is best I could find from
KamAZ while not the same model, same company and they appear close to the steering wheel.

This video is rough to watch (shaky) but slowing it down might show you the detail.

This one is from a 5320 :wink:

H.P.

1 Like

I knew you would have/found one.

I’ve finally found one of the 5350 :wink:

H.P.

1 Like

Oh no, sorry guys, I didn’t think anyone would check…I wasn’t seriously suggesting the levers were too close. Well that backfired some what. Look, what’s that over? Subassemblies!

Top row, Left to right: left door, right door, cab roof interior. Bottom row, fender guards, steering column.

And the dash cleaned of raised detail in preparation for the Quinta Studio 3D decal.

I’m home alone this weekend, and want to get some paint of this while no one else is here. I also want to get out for a bit of a goat shoot, too. Stay turned!

2 Likes

And the vents behind the dash,

2 Likes

I am in for the long haul, I like the look of the kit and build but probably don’t have the patience for this kit so I need to live through on this one.

Look forward to seeing some paint on it.

Looks like a great kit

Amazing kit. The detail is incredible to me.

How soon until the painting starts?

The plan is to start painting this weekend; the wife and offspring #2 are away Saturday morning to Tuesday evening, offspring #1 is due home Sunday afternoon, which leaves me unsupervised for maybe as much as 30 hours! I’m on the second to last page of construction and things are looking promising.

1 Like

The plan is working, bahahahaha!

The cab lad out and ready to undercoat. It’s that detailed, I found some roubles down the back of one of the seats.
I’m currently at Step 53, and have done 54 and 55, ready to button up the cab. A little construction FYI: at 48 and 49, it is possible to fit parts A16 & A55 at Step 51, and add clear parts D4 later, so as to not foul the lenses when painting. You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Wow what great kit

Mum said I had to get out more,

I’ll have a coffee while this dries, then check for areas I’ve missed. I’ll leave to harden overnight, then crack on again. In the meantime…

I can work on the wheels, I’ve brought the Miniarm replacements, only because I don’t like solid rubber wheels on a kit.

3 Likes

Aggggggghhhhhhh I don’t believe it… son #1 came home from the beach early because the weather was turning. whhhhhhhyyyyy… I’ll have to cancel the dancing girls tonight. I wonder whether I’ll get my deposit back?

Stoopid weather

It was expected, you where too happy. Crumb crunchers always messing up things, BTDT. :joy:

I was gonna ask how the pieces are drying outside it’s January lol ! But it’s cold here in New York but not everywhere else on the planet lol

I’ve seen some zvezda kits on eBay for a good price and I’m thinking about trying a T-something or other, maybe the T-72, it’s got lots of ERA armor on it and all the stuff you expect but I’m wondering if it’s a good kit, are the newer zvezda kits pretty good?

T72 with ERA is old Dragon kit. Trumpeter is better!

Yeah, I’ve built the trumpeter kit,or a variation of it,a 72 b mod 1980 to be exact but the zvezda kit version is a different year model and has lots more armor on it than the one I have

I know but side by side they are different in shape and u could tell that the Dragon is over 30 yo model.