1/72 A4 Base (2021)

Great work John. The primer texture is very cool. I hope that when painted, the texture will be still seen

1 Like

That’s Ryan’s handwork Gil, I can’t claim that one :+1:

1 Like

Gareth, only just caught up with all this; love your energy as always, but, and here I’m sorry if I’m raining on your parade, your vehicles have to have markings. Be it serial numbers, or formation markings or even the Allied star - they’ve got to be there! You can have all the scrim in the world (camouflage that is) but somewhere along the line at least a serial number will be evident - eg the hill sides. Sure, camouflage strips, dust and other obscuration may well prevail but you can’t get away with it forever.

'Hope you take this in the spirit in which it is offered.

🤦 You’re right of course. my bad, and in attention

1 Like

John’s work is much better then mine so all is not lost. :+1: Thanks for compliment and hopefully the texture will still look good under paint.

No ‘raining on parade’ from my perspective Brian, if I couldn’t take criticism I wouldn’t be here, especially when it’s of the constructive sort…you know me and ‘markings’ of old, and it’s an area/habit I’m unlikely to change, :slightly_smiling_face:.

However, being a glass half-full sort of chap…mine’s a brandy please, :slightly_smiling_face:…you can take credit for getting me to install ‘antennae’ on all my armour, even in braille scale, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G :beer:

Good man Gareth, good man(!)

A quick question - will any size of base A4 or under work?

Will any of the below shown on a piece of A4 paper work for this campaign?

2 Likes

Er, I’ve only been dipping in and out of this - can anyone help with this query?

Jesper, both those are ok. The larger one although deeper than A4 is shorter in the length so the actual footprint looks like it will be about the same… The main part of the the builds is that the kits are 1/72 or smaller… HTH… John :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the Quick answer. I am in :slightly_smiling_face:

I will for sure work the bases over and add either 1/72 or 1/76 models.

More to follow as I progress :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great that you can join in for this one Jesper, will look forward to seeing what you do :+1::+1:

Nice paint job on the two bases Jesper, look forward to seeing them populated with vehicles and figures, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks, G. I have already cleaned up some 1/72 ESCI german infantry and given Them a base coat.

The ruins will also include a burned out T-34 and some German vehicles to be determined.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sounds good Jesper. Nice plan :+1::+1:

1 Like

As John says, looking forward to seeing more Jesper, :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

A bit of progress on my T-34. Obviously not done yet. The UM kit is ok and has the advantage of separate rubber rims for the wheels. Makes it easier to make a partially burned out tank.

First trial on uniforms for the German infantry. Very happy with it so far. It has been many years since I painted figures in this scale.

4 Likes

That’s looking good with what you’ve done so far Jesper. The Dio base makes sense now you can see it from a different perspective with the T34 on it. And that T34 also looks very nice. Did you alter the wheels so they sit on the broken wall ?
Who are the figures from as they look really well detailed ? Lovely job so far :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks, John. The T-34 will sit stuck in the ruin somewhere. I altered the wheels so they reflect the tank being stuck on the wall and the softening of the metal after an internal fire.

The figures are old ESCI figures - now relaunched under Italeri - that are 30+ years old. Really fantastic work done at that time.

1 Like

The rubber wheels on the UM kits tend to eat the plastic, so you having built your t-34 as wreck is easier

4 Likes