1/72 A4 Base (2021)

A nice job on the woodgrain Ryan, and a nice base colour, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. I agree with you that by itself the ‘grey’ might be stark, but it’s a great colour to add some browns and rusts to, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

1 Like

Ryan, looks cool!

1 Like

Thanks Jesper.

Hi all,

Back some months ago Tim (Dioramartin) asked if I could post some images of my contribution under daylight conditions. I said I would, and then promptly forgot, :pensive:, so, at long last, I took some this morning, :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Also, below are some pictures of my current braille scale group build… Inaugural Railway Campaign …, it’s at an early-ish stage at the moment.

The two side-by-side…

There was also another reason for the post, hopefully it’ll kickstart some activity as the topic has lain dormant for some time…I want to see that bridge built, and the track laid Ryan, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

3 Likes

Seeing them in the daylight really does give them a whole new look. And creates proper shadow effects with the sun from various angles. And I think the harbour scene deserve to have some update shots posted here anyway as it’s all part and parcel :+1::+1:

1 Like

Good grief you even got a quality of light more commonly seen in mid/southern Europe, that’s a superb rural diorama G! The diversity of greenery alone blows my mind and all the elements work perfectly. Well worth getting a tan, just shows how natural shadows inject an extra illusion of reality. Brilliant, and just to prove your cobbling chops weren’t a fluke the dockside looks adjacent to perfection too. OK the brickwork’s not bad either. Bravo & may your chops never be cobbled :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

And I agree G… We need to get Ryan @Tank_1812 back here … I’m also still hoping @phantom_phanatic comes back with his water themed U-boat under attack theme…

2 Likes

I’ve not forgotten. Just been concentrating on the Helicopter campaign. I would’ve had that one in the bag ages ago, but I had to go with an olde Matchbox and all the filling that entailed.
Will get straight onto this one soon enough.

1 Like

I always had faith Stephen :grin: and that Lynx has taken up a bit of time as I’ve been witness to. Is there a Wildcat version on the market at all ?

1 Like

Not that I’ve seen, but I reckon we’ll get one in the next couple of years. Airfix will more than likely be the first if they can get access to one to scan.
If I feel like it, I have Airfix’s AH.1 in the pile I’m going to fit with a set of TOW missiles pinched from a Hobbyboss Cobra.
We really need a new tooling of the Army Lynx in 1/72. It’s been neglected for far too long. I’m always surprised Revell never followed up their 1/32 Navy Lynx with one. That would sell like hot cakes!

1 Like

@G-man69, you ladies can remove the stuck panties. I am trying to focus on the helo campaign build due at the end of the month. Then back to laying track.

3 Likes

@G-man69 , I knew it … We just needed to fire up the Marine and get him back on track … Literally lol :rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

Well later is better than never Ryan, :slightly_smiling_face:. Here’s wishing both you and Stephen all the best with your rotary wings, :+1: :smile:.

G :beer:

2 Likes

Amazing photos @G-Man69. Outside sun shine does wonders, your build only benefitted from it. Your other, port and rail diorama sets out to be another amazing work.

Thanks for your positive feedback Gil, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I haven’t run away…yet. Hit the train with a primer coat.

3 Likes

Thats looking really good Ryan, and great to see some progress with it. Some very nice details on it that you sorted out. I still keep forgetting these were just 1/72 builds … :+1:

2 Likes

Your armoured railcar is really looking good now it has a base coat on it Ryan, and a great finish to the paint, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, was it an airbrushed primer?

Thanks G. Yes, it was stynylrez black primer and I used my new airbrush to paint it.

2 Likes

Nice job Ryan, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, and the primer gives a very pleasing finish, almost a shame to hide it under the camouflage, :smile:.

2 Likes