3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

Mk III Valentine X tank wheels printed nicely:

Put them on the kit parts:

Tow hooks:

2 Likes

US military heavy tow bar came out nicely [except for some print lines on a couple of pairs]:

6 Likes

Tow bars look great.

2 Likes

I need folks to buy them though to be great. :smiley:

2 Likes

That heavy tow bar looks Uh-Mae-Zing!

2 Likes

Airbrake connector and glad hand CAD finished (WWII type). 3D printing this week.
Modern version CAD coming this week also.

7 Likes

Glad hands connected version CADded:

3 Likes

Printed the WWII truck air brake connectors and glad hands in 1/35. These things are tiny, tiny, tiny:

My eyes hurt after taking photos…

5 Likes

Looks great! Looking forward to the modification for the modern version as well?

^^^Ditto

1 Like

Hi Stuart,
Yup, planning to work on the modern version this weekend.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Some photos of the WWII truck air brake connector and glad hand prints in 1/35:

At x6 magnification:

At x6.5 magnification:

At x7+ magnification:

4 Likes

Very nice. I am looking forward to the modern ones.

I experimented making casting numbers/foundry markings in 1/35 tonight.
Took some numbers off with an Xacto knife, then glued them to a small piece of Evergreen plastic sheet. The first inverted V - I cut it too thin and broke. The numbers look much better even though a bit thick:

CAD screen shots:

What do you think?

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Probably the photos but they do look a little thick for the scale. Hard to judge. At the needed thickness, probably cannot print or would be lost on removal.

If scaled up to 1/16 and needed for those kits, those would be the bee knees.

2 Likes

Will printing the letters on little supports like your other prints, instead of the larger square blocks make it easier to remove the character? I find trying to slice off letters like that ends up with them trimmed at an angle, broken or curled.

1 Like

I’m thinking that maybe the thickness will be removed if removed using a razor saw?
The casting symbols are for a French R35.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, Peter. I am going to try that next. Thanks.

1 Like

These are money right here in my opinion. Reduced the thickness by 1/2 and reduced the overall size by 40%. With Petbat’s suggestion, they were very easy to remove w/out breaking and relatively easy to attach to the plastic surface:

First, remove from the tiny supports using an Xacto knife or precision nipper - be careful not to make it fly away to the carpet monster however:

Before gluing - just use a regular plastic cement to soften the plastic:

Glued:

4 Likes

I’ll send you my bill for the intellectual input :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Glad it worked.

1 Like