3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

Actually, working on a 50 cal. currently.

2 Likes

Finished the open ammo can set up on a 50 cal. (with the late War type mount):

Please don’t ask for 3D prints though. I retired. :smiley:
Had to compromise on the ammo fitting and size to avoid walls of the ammo can being too thin…

6 Likes

Some more updates to the chain fall to place on M48A3:

Reference photos used:

Kind regards,
James

3 Likes

Wonder if those canisters are being used for additional armor (filled with sand or dirt).

As far as I know, those Bofors ammo cans were used as extra storage for ammo, etc. but your guess may be as good as mine.

Nothing outside of the realm of possibility.

True. I was guessing storage b/c you can kinda see stuff being spilled out a bit - like ammo cans, helmet, etc. at the top. Cool diorama set up for sure. Plus, putting sand in there would be too heavy for mounting like that with some chains, etc. - unless they welded them on.

2 Likes

Bullets, bullets on the 30 cal. pintle mount:

7 Likes

30 cals printed

50 cals didn’t print correctly… Some warping and misprinting… :frowning: Need to go back to the drawing board…

3 Likes

The .30 looks awesome and so does the .50 minus the warping.

2 Likes

Very nice cheeks!

Corrected the 50 cal. issues with these subsequent prints:

Resized (oversized a bit) the barrel changing handle to the right thickness b/c in scale, it was too thin and kept breaking…

30 cals. Pintle mount:

“Fury” type

8 Likes

Those are gorgeous. :heart_eyes:

You did an amazing job! The bullet chain belt is crisp. And the barrel changing handle came out nicely. I didn’t even try to print the last one in 1/16. Maybe next time.

1 Like

Printed 30 cal machine gun barrels separately to use for coaxial mgs in a Sherman.

3 Likes

Those should also work on other US tanks as like an M5.

Coffing roller chain host CAD done. Ready for 3D print:

Took me a while to solidify all the indiv. bike chain links and curve them just right after juxtaposing the photo of my M48A3 kit turret. The curve was quite tricky and tedious to do.

5 Likes

Roller chain fall hoist printed in 1/35:

3 Likes

What it looks like after removing the supports:

4 Likes

Looks real nice. :+1::+1:

1 Like