AFV Club 60 cm. Flakscheinwerfer 36 build

Thanks John!

Italeri’s Sd. Anh. 51 looks a bit too big, when lined next to AFV Club’s one, but there’s not much I can do about that…

Cheers,
Angel

Yeah, the Sd. Anh. took a lot of scrubbing, filling and sanding to get to an acceptable state…

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

I sprayed some paint on the special Sd. Anh. 51:

And started working on the Maschinensatz 85V 8kW, it carries:

It is a good scratchbuild challenge with a lot of curves, 6 small wheels and an oversized cable reel. Intend to leave the instrument panel cover open.

Cheers,
Angel

7 Likes

I have some progress on my Maschinensatz 85V 8kW build to report.

I’ve built all sides of the generator and after spraying the empty interior dark grey I assembled the body:

Next I’ll build the cable reel, the instrument panel and will add some details to the exterior,

Cheers,
Angel

5 Likes

Looks great Angel. The cable real is a piece of art on its own.

1 Like

Lovely work Angel.

1 Like

Thanks Peter and John!

The reel requires a lot of work and I’ve only done half of it sofar. The bright side is- I’ll have a lot of 0.6 and 2 mm. rivets as leftovers :wink:

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

Some exterior details added to the Maschinensatz 85V 8 kW:

Cable reel comes next,

Cheers,
Angel

5 Likes

Angel… Your doing it again !!! That control panel looks absolutely brilliant. What an addition… The rest is equally great but I love that panel mate :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John!

I tried a different approach to spare me the hassle of painting tiny dials and knobs once they are glued to the pre-painted instrument panel.

Once the panel was cut, I punched some circles from Tamiya masking paper and placed them where the dials & knobs were supposed to go:

Then I sprayed the panel and removed the circles.

Thus I had a clean styrene base to glue the separately done and painted dials and knobs

And avoided Tamiya’s Extra Thin lifting off panel color.

I was a bit clumsy, so some marks were still left, but next time I’ll do it better- or at least I hope so…

BTW- I knocked off the minus DC switch and have to do it again…

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes

Off to a great start Angel. I have this kit. Started. It’s been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years because I didn’t know what color to paint the inside lense area. I’ll watch yours and see what develops. Probably be the motivator to get mine finished.

1 Like

Thanks Marc and welcome to the posting community!

The inside lense area should be painted in the overall collor of the projector. That’s not the case according to AFV Club’s instructions paint callouts, but that’s an omission-- one of few.

Unfortunately I glued the body of the projector before I found that mistake…

The Scheinwerfer is a small gem and well worth the effort!

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

As Angel says, the inside is painted the same colour as the exterior. The mirror of course, should be …mirror colour :roll_eyes: I found it best to is best to paint the back of the clear mirror part in chrome and keep the part you look onto the unpainted side - it looks much better than looking into the chrome surface itself. and of course, after that trouble, I made it in the covered transport mode…

1 Like

Looking very ‘schmick’ Angel. I agree that the panel looks fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks, Peter!

My first choice for “mirror collor” is the new Super Fine Silver by Mr. Collor. Being a lacquer, it sprays evenly and gives a very high shine.Once cured I spray a layer of Super Clear and the mirror is ready,

Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

I love your work. All that attention to detail and scratch building skills. Always learn something new as well. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks DV!

I really appreciate your words,

:beers:
Angel

I’ve finished construction of the Maschinensatz and primed it with Mr. Surfacer 1500 Grey:

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes

Lovely work Angel… As always !! Some fantastic detailing. What are the side panel hinge strips made from, they look great.

1 Like

Thanks John!

The hinges come from Eduard:

There are various types and sizes in the set and I’ve used them very often.

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes