Andy's Hobby HQ 1/16 Early Tiger

Hey at the time the Hobby Boss Tiger I was the only large scale Tiger available.
Shure it wasn’t accurate but with a little work it cold be built reasonably.

1 Like

Andy’s taking pre-orders today for the Tiger today !!!

Pre production display sample

2 Likes

you’re welcome.

The future scale of armor?
Discuss in the comment section below…

Nah,not a trend for me,this will definitely be just a one off,not enough room.

I have no interest in 1/16th. The few built models that I’ve seen in this scale have been unremarkable - no real improvement in level of detail. The scale does have a lot of downsides for me - my paint booth is too small, my bench is almost too small, I would have to add bigger display cases, I would need to find storage space for the stash.

I like the bigger scale…I have AHHQ’s Sherman in my stash. For about double the price of a new 1/35 kit Andy’s prices are very good, and from what I have seen of people’s builds on Facebook, the details are all there. If you want to go crazy with super detailing you can go that route also.
I will probably pick up this Tiger, and Takom’s other 1/16 models, like the Panzer 3 and Stug, as they are very reasonably priced.
Now the Trumpeter 1/16th scale for around 350.00-450.00…not so much, they seem to need a lot of work for a model at that price.

I still have my fifty year old Tamiya 1/25 scale Tiger that I bought at the PX in Ft Leavenworth, Kansas in 1972 while the old man was at CGSC. I hustled hard for that $35.00 washing cars, because the yards were so small on that post.

I don’t have any 1/16 stuff, but I figure this new Tiger can go on the top of the bookcase next to the dusty Tamiya kit.

I likely will get one to replace my 21st Century Toys 1/18 Tiger as that one is a bit too toy-like for me and I’m hoping the figures won’t look too small beside it. I think the crew will fit in the 1/16 a bit easier. I also have 21st’s Panther and would swap it out as well if Andy green lights one.

I just got the Pz III J and plan on getting the Stug III G in a few months but I think that those four will do it for me. Unless he also announces a Pz IV.

For me, 1/16 is just a pointless waste of space.

1 Like

1/16 is a novelty for me. I have Andy’s M4, the Panzer III, the StuG, the Kettenkrad, and the Jeep. I’ll get Andy’s Tiger I. Nothing over $200. These are once in a while novelty builds. I’m probably going to build them OOB, and scratch what’s needed; I’m certainly not going to dump a ton of money on aftermarket into any of them. I’m a 1/35 builder and I’ll reserve that scale for my “serious” builds.

5 Likes

Why am I not surprised, HA! T’sall good, Matt, I just ordered the 1/16th scale Takom Jeep. I’ve still got a few 1/16th ab figs that will work, too.

2 Likes

The Jeep is nice kit. A local club member has one built up and almost completed. I have not started mine still looking into what I want to build.

1 Like

I was surprised to find it, actually. When looking for it a few weeks back it was only ebay scalpers. I’m looking forward to getting that beauty.

2 Likes

here they wrote about the Tunisian tiger from 501 Abt.
I think that it is quite possible to make it out of Andy’s tiger using ABER 16K-02

AHHQ-003c

As far as I know, that Aber set was designed for Tamiya’s kit.
Since that is about the same type of Tiger as Andy’s one, the set should work here too.
But it may have some parts that fit Tamiya better than this kit; for example, the hull front segments.

David

Wow,that set runs more then double the price of the kit
:flushed:

I think that this set will be applied to Andy’s tiger without any problems

yes! :smiley: