Build A Photo 2 Campaign

That is really great work Erwin @golikell , the figures add alot more to it for scale and depth, and touches like the thawing snow and plants encased in the lake ice just keep improving the whole sense of realism.

1 Like

Any thoughts on already started kits, figures, dioramas, etc.? How about dropping the usual restrictions in order to attain more member participation?
—mike

Mike, all valid points. As I said initially the rules would be based on this year’s campaign so I will look back through them and I’m happy to tweak where needed. I would be happy with partially started kits, figures etc would really be dictated by the photo your trying to represent if you mean on or in a tank etc. If you mean a stand alone figure I wouldn’t say no immediately, but it would need a backdrop/vignette to relate to the image your going from is, climbing over a trench etc.
Same goes for Ships as per Tim’s @TimReynaga and how he represented the Enterprise. It will be open to all arms of the military. At the moment we are just looking at the planning stage and if enough crazy fools are interested. :grin:

I thank you for the compliments… The story behind this one is a interesting mixture of false hope and pure propaganda: The Dutch army bought 1(!) Renault FT to prove the viability of the Nieuwe Hollandse Waterlinie (a defensive line, protected by a clever system of inundations, yet hopelessly obsoleted by new technology). Actually, the driver of the vehicle secretly got orders to have it bogged down every time, so the people were reassured in that they were safe.

1 Like

If @justsendit , @golikell , @deerstalker36 & @Sailfish are interested and want to join, let me know and I will add you to the initial post for interested people in the campaign. We are actually close to the magic 10 now :grin:

just put me on… I will see if I can make it or not…

The old we are from the government and here to help trick. :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly… Mainly to prevent extra expenditure…

1 Like

The things you could get away with then lol… You would be hung out to try if you did that now and got found out

Well, the Germans proved this with ease… Only the driver of the tank (the tall guy, historically accurate) disclosed this in an interview after the war…

just checking something out, ignore me for the moment. ilike my campaign badge liston the old forum, may have to be a pain here, unless theres someway to add it to my profile page?

2 Likes

I’ve got a reference photo. I’ve got an AT Gun (*already finished). I’ve got five Franken-figures (*already started). If this is acceptable, count me in. If not, I’ll understand.

—mike

Mike, sadly the main component being the military vehicle/equipment/plane/ship (or figure if thats the main focal point of the picture) can only be partially started for this campaign. Over half built or completed figures would be ok, if they are say veh crews etc. Its a 12 month campaign if it gets off the ground so there will time if you decide on something else. John

John, I really appreciate the clarification, as with cross-pollination running ramped between the old and new forums, it has become somewhat cumbersome to locate clear-cut rules for group builds. So, no worries, see you in the next one.

—mike

If the campaign does go ahead, these are 2 possible images I am thinking of attempting, or rather one of them…

I have a DML 3 in 1 Panther G and 3 in 1 late Tiger, would just need to get zimmeritt if I chose one of them. The Panther one would be a picture which shows it from a different angle. Thoughts on either ?

I would like to do this, but I’m not going to commit to anything else until we get into the new year. I have lots of commitments and projects already. If it’s a year long campaign (all of 2021) that would be better for me.

Phil, it will definitely be a full 12 month campaign… 01 Jan to 31 Dec if that helps.

I’ve always wondered what they are actually doing to the panther barrel in that photo and why. I mean I can see that it’s the track cable and they are wrapping it around the barrel but why and to what end?

Not sure, the other picture I saw was slightly from the rear which is the one I will try and do but couldn’t download it. In that one it must of only just happened as there is a lot of debris under the rear end which is clear in this pic. I can only think they are trying to either lock the turret or limit turret or barrel movement when they try to recover it, which is what I think they are prepping for in this pic.
Edit. Although, it will be difficult recovering it from that position with the gun forward. If the wagon is pulled from rear the barrel front will hit the top of the bridge and damage the trunnions and probably the recoil system as well… would make more sense if the gun was over the side ?

Bugger, just started building my RSOV from Hobby Boss over the weekend, got the majority built, then i found this…
0_Jaguar-Land-Rover-Defender-production-ends

Damn, damn and thrice damn

Capture

1 Like