Build A Photo 2 Campaign

That does look good… Dio or back drop would of been great to see as well.

As the pic is of a WMIK i may have to purchase one, and keep the RSOV in another setting

1 Like

I think thats a win win @deerstalker36 :grin: I have been looking at that HB WMIK and thinking of getting one. That would make a great entry for the build a photo campaign. Whats the RSOV like as akit ? as that looks good as well.

Also, looking at that pic again, I hope the front gunner has the safety on that GPMG and his trigger finger is running down the outside of the trigger guard or he will be diffy about about 15 rounds once that lands lol

I think thats a win win @deerstalker36 :grin: I have been looking at that HB WMIK and thinking of getting one. That would make a great entry for the build a photo campaign. Whats the RSOV like as akit ? as that looks good as well.

The RSOV is a nice little kit, even the Black Dog upgrade set only really changes the seats and provides some extra stowage for it. It goes together pretty nicely,is broken down easily for painting and has a nice little photo etch bit. Easily a weekend build.

All, please see initial post, this is now the official group build thread. I will be posting links to it on the air, and floaty forums :grin:

Johnnych01
I will be posting links to it on the air, and floaty forums :grin:

Don’t forget the ‘vacuum’ guys too John… maybe someone will build one of those blurry UFO based pictures…

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :joy:

3 Likes

Fair point @petbat, I will pop info links to the space guys :rofl: and the historical figures one as well.

Thanks for doing that Jim :+1:

Here are two pics I’m thinking of:

and

In the top photo I’m interested in the panzer iii close and the tram, not the vehicles further in the distance. Is sort of doing a virtual crop of the pic allowed?

In the bottom pic, I have a panzer iv pretty well on the way (Well the hull is mostly done). I just started on it, but I’m not sure about doing the pic. Also, the burned out truck behind the two panzer ivs - I really have no idea what that is. Is doing some similar looking burned out truck ok? I’m thinking I’d do the street, the two tanks, and the truck.

I’m not sure exactly how folks go about it choosing pics and how much to reproduce, so welcome all guidance.

1 Like

@phil2015 - Short answer - Yes - you can crop the photo to show only the main Pzr 3 and the Tram and if you decided on the 2nd Photo I am happy with the work done on the 1 Pzr 4 as there is at least another 2 vehicles you’d be using in that scenario.

For all participants I am going to push the start date back to 01 Feb and still leave it for a 12 monther so finishing on the 31 Jan 2022.

Richard @GulfWarrior, please could you move this over to the Active from 01 Feb —thanks in advance

Sure…no problem!

1 Like

Many thanks :+1:

Cool. I have an ICM Ford V3000 which I intend to use as the truck and a Border Panzer IV on the way to make the closest vehicle. I have another Border Panzer IV (G mid/late) which is in progress on my bench. I wish I had a clearer picture of the front vehicle. I think it has the external filters on the right fender which means I would need some aftermarket filters to add (or a different kit - dang :-)).

1 Like

“Bulldozer of the US 237th Battallian Engineers, First Army, VII Corps, clears road.”

IMG_0306 . ITA216

l’ve got an idea! :bulb:I’ve got the kits in my Stash, and I would be very interested in this campaign. But It’s a big fat MAYBE for me. Depends on finishing a current campaign, some other projects crowding my bench and then there’s the stifling summer heat to contend with.:sweat:

Anyway, here’s my scenario: US Armored Bulldozer (MiniArt 35188) making quick work of demoloshing a German roadblock including an abandoned Opel Blitz (Italeri ITL 216) while clearing a roadway to allow Allied troops to pass. See YouTube video link below. The time-stamp is at approx. 0:34. Bulldozer of US 237th Battalion Engineers, First US Army, VII Corps, clears road ...HD Stock Footage - YouTube

Hope this is acceptable.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

[EDIT]

Here’s an image I’d like to submit for the campaign, only with a bit less “shrubbery” so as to expose the Opel Blitz underside a bit more (image capture from above video).

The following closeup reveals the bulldozer’s lettering, “ALWAYS WILL” and vehicle identification. The driver is visible as well.

2 Likes

@justsendit, Michael, I think in the spirit of this being a new forum and things are a little different on how Group Builds are organised now … I think it would be fair to allow this. :+1: It would be great if you or someone could capture a still with the basic image showing the 2 vehicles, but as it’s a bonafide war time film clip we could just class it as a moving photo lol…
It is a cool clip btw.

1 Like

Thank’s John!
Campaigns are usually the little extra push I need to get going on a build. I’m looking forward to this one. Count me in!

As suggested, I’ve updated and included a couple of screenshots (see original post).

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

@justsendit, I did put that in on the rules and regs, but as yours are unstarted, there isn’t an issue.

And great stills capture Mike… They work for me so welcome to the Group Build :+1::+1:

I rechecked and saw it clearly noted in the rules. Forgive me but sometimes I “can’t see the forest for the trees.” Too much screen time. Lol!

1 Like