Build A Photo 2 Campaign

Lol… I think we have all been down that rabbit hole Mike !! :+1:

Just a reminder for everyone involved with this build - it will be going Active as from 01 Feb and have a 12 month duration. Hopefully @GulfWarrior will flick it over to the Campaigns - Active section then. I will then change the main title - … now I need to get in gear and decide what to build lol …

2 Likes

He will. :slight_smile: He will try to do it around 00:00 Zulu (6:00 PM Central US) give or take a few minutes. :grin:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I may be in for this one, it’s definitely peaked my interest.

If so I’ll be trying to pull one of these off, depending on which is easier.

BantamBRC40_T2E1_V2-650x387

2 Likes

Interesting images Ken, I suppose it will come down to which is the lesser of 2 evils …the full body Jeep and 3 people … or the half body and 2 ?? Personally I quite like the middle image of the half body and the civvi talking to the guy in uniform.

Have changed the thread title to active and hopefully Richard can ping this into the Active Campaign area now.

Those in are;

Me
Pasi
petbat
Phil
TimReynaga
Steviecee
Tom @steel_tiger1
Erwin @golikell
@justsendit
@Sailfish
@barkingdigger
@deerstalker36

I think I am going to go with yet another Panther for this one … the one in the photo near the start of the thread. ---- But that may change if I see something weird and wacky or just jumps out me …

What are the dates for the campaign

01 Feb 21 to 01 Feb 2022 Brian, so no rush.

I’m in too, but first I might have to finish last year’s BaP entry! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The more the merrier Tom :+1:

I do have something in mind: a Sturmtiger in tow by a Bergepanther… I found only one picture of this, and not even a very clear one at that!

1 Like

Now that has the makings of an impressive couple of builds … do you think they are captured wagons ?
The 2 bods look like allied troops ?

They seem Brits (or Canadian) to me too…

1 Like

yes im in, think it’ll be the Meng ute i’ll finish off. worst thing is the windscreen is broken and i need to replace it somehow

1 Like

Great that your in now Colin, and someone will have the answer to the windscreen issue… Just don’t ask @SSGToms , I think Matt has had his fill of windscreens and side windows :rofl:

3 Likes

it started off as me trying to lower one of the side windows (the clear part in the kit is all one piece, windscreen and 4 side windows.) It cracked and went all along the main windscreen :unamused:

it’s not a situation in the diorama where i could have left it as cracked though, PMC vehicle rescuing a hostage

Capture

Yes I’m staying FAR away from truck glass for a long while - bad karma there!

1 Like

Colin, cracked windscreens are un-fixable, you will always see it. If you cant get a replacement part, or hide the crack under mud or dust, a frame for a mesh screen ( proof against thrown rocks) or some other means, then an option I have seen done is to cast one. You need to get some clear UV stable resin, the type that people use to make pen casings from is ideal. It has to be UV stable or it will go yellow over time. You make a mould, pour in some resin and tip the mould gently from side to side so it rolls up the sides and into every edge. Keep tipping it until the resin starts to cure and it will hold to sides of the mould. Make sure you do not get a tide mark in the resin, keep it flat and even.

Use the part you have and glue the crack and sand smooth and use it as the master. If you have no mould making supplies, use white bathroom silicone. Selley’s white silicone does not stick to styrene like others do (but test it first just in case). Smear the silicone over the windscreen to make sure there are no trapped air bubbles. Then lay a fair amount on that to build up a sturdy mould but no too thick that it will take forever to cure. Press a bit of cardboard or something on top of the silicone so you have a flat surface to rest the mould on later. Leave a couple of days to thoroughly cure.

Not a cheap alternative, but it may be your only one …

1 Like

Cheers Peter, i do have some mould making stuff, but i may try Meng for a replacement first. The side windows are no problem, just flat sheets of clear plastic.

If Meng is no success i’ll give the resin copy a go.

And just realised, the Ute is for the unfinished business 2021 campaign. This one is going to be the WMIK bouncing of a sand dune one… Old age :older_man:

1 Like

Thanks @staff_Jim