Campaign - Operation Snow White - Active

A little more work on the Maultier half-track with 37mm AAA gun. All major sub-assemblies have received their base color, except the gun. I still have the “magic” tracks to put together. :roll_eyes:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

FYI, if anyone is interested in the progress of my Soviet NKL-26, I am posting all the details in the thread below

Trumpeter Soviet NKL-26

1 Like

I’m almost done with the whitewash.

Still have all those indy link tracks to do… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looking great Richard! Good luck with the indy tracks…

Thats looking nice Richard. Very effective. I am beginning to become a fan of the Maultier after doing mine in the Miniart build - that flat bed gives you lots of options.

Here is my SU-85. This was a great kit. The only knock was the wheels which are kind of wobbly. I’m not sure wheels are supposed to be held in place by the tracks?

8 Likes

Not sure about the fitting of the wheels and tracks but they all look good to me Phil. White finish looks great and nicely faded in certain areas for the wear and tear. :+1:

Yup…looks really good, Phil!

I’m hoping I can get my Maultier half track finished this weekend! :pray: :pray:

Came out very nice Phil :+1:

Final shots of my Soviet NKL-26 in its natural element.

Full build log available here: Trumpeter Soviet NKL-26

7 Likes

Very atmospheric. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Looks cool (excuse the pun). Great finish and nice build. :+1:

1 Like

That looks great! The photo looks perfect as well! But isnt the snow a bit out of scale… :wink:

1 Like

Here’s the Maultier w/ 3.7cm AAA gun! I have three words: Magic Tracks SUCK!! :dizzy_face:

I’ve gotta put the mud flaps on; but I’m calling this one done! :grin:

7 Likes

That looks very good Gulf!

Thanks Ezra! :grin:

1 Like

That looks really good, but the gun looks bigger than the truck! Did they fire that thing from back there or is it just getting carried to a new location? Very convincing white camo.

Thanks! I wanted it to look like it had been applied in the field some time ago so it wasn’t pristine.

I don’t know if they fired the gun from the back. The vehicle is sturdy enough so it possible that they could have.

1 Like

Now that’s a Technical!

The model looks sweet, definitely like it :+1:

1 Like

It is amazing what one can buy these days regarding wheathering and such, love the snow!

1 Like