Centurions: Fist of the Empire

Once you’ve clicked going all you need to do is a start up picture showing the box and the unstarted sprues and then away you go Colin. You can give a quick prelim about what wagon you’re going to do, any after market bits etc, then just crack on and update as you go with images .:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Johnnych01 @PiotrK @Mead93
Going to try a get some modelling mojo going with these:

Never painted stowage or figures before so its going to be interesting!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Another Gimel!!! Great choice and looking forward to see a build of this kit.

2 Likes

The figure set does not match the time frame of the Sho’t Kal Gimel. It’s good from the late '90s onwards, although you could probably get away with the three sitting figures if you ditch the baseball caps and reposition the hand the holds the cell phone.

2 Likes

Made a start on the suspension.
Anyone reading this that knows of suitable figure(s) for it please let me know.
I will pay for resin figures if I can find them. I have done some google searches but have not found any in the UK yet. I may have to source them from further afield.
I found these:

@ReluctantRenegade are they suitable please?

2 Likes

Nice choice Cats, I’m plodding along with the Amusing Hobby IDF Shot Kal Alef… That looks like a decent stowage set from legend :+1:

2 Likes

Check this set also:

Not a Shot Kal Gimel but same timeframe

23843476_10155923602479310_745778902953736810_n

5 Likes

Blast models do a set that seem to match Nikos’s pics:

Academy did a set too.

Someone used them with Hornet Heads:

1 Like

That’s another contemporary set. The webgear and the covaralls are dead giveaways.

If you’re not so picky about the coverall, the female soldier could theoretically work as an instructor. Having said that, based on the boxart, your tank belongs to the 188 Brigade, which isn’t a training formation. The religious soldier could work too, again, if you don’t mind that the coverall is incorrect for the period.

A bit of trivia: can anyone guess what’s that circular shape on the groin? It isn’t what you think for…

1 Like

Two of those wear fatigues (not good for tankers), the other two some kind of (incorrect) coveralls.

1 Like

Cool photos Nikos, especially the last and the third from bottom. I’ve never seen a bipod attached to 0.3 cal on an IDF tank before.

I’m going some kind of port for an aircon hookup or something.

1 Like

I am not sure it is a .30 cal

I think it is:

2 Likes

never seen one before, will have to do my homework on it

I guess the MG is simply ready to be demounted in case the crew needs to abandon the tank and/or simply reinforce the perimeter with a mobile unit when parked.

I’m saying this because we had a bipod, a sling and an ammo bag for a MAG on my Merkava. These, together with his MAG, were to be removed and taken by the loader in case we had to demount and continue on foot.

3 Likes

Bingo, that’s exactly what it is for!

1 Like

@ReluctantRenegade
I have taken a punt and got this coming as it was the last one in stock.

2 Likes

Well done. The best choice by far.

1 Like