Centurions: Fist of the Empire

Definitely looks the part Ezra. And nice paint job with a well worn weathering, sets it off nicely…

On my headlights, I’m not sure whether to do both in a silvered finish, or do the inside ones as IR headlights… Is either way ok ??? I have seen ref pics with both ways so I guess either way is ok ?

1 Like

I have a question for all … I have a “superstate” Centurion from AFV Shot Kal 1973 - how can it be converted / changed? What conversion should I use? I don’t know, maybe a technical car? Sorry for the off-top …

Piotr, I don’t quite understand the question. Could you please clarify?

Could it be:
I have a leftover kit (AFV-Club et.c) and I am looking for a cool conversion.
Maybe some engineering vehicle or similar based on this chassis?

Edit: It seems that Piotr confirms my interpretation :smiley:

1 Like

This is exactly what it should be … sorry, my English is not very good … :face_with_peeking_eye:

No worries!
We need to exercise our brains :grin: :wink:

Your English is light years ahead of my Polish :rofl:

2 Likes

How about a conversion set for making it a South African Olifant Mk1 tank?

Good idea … how can this be done?

First result in google search: 1/35 Olifant Mk1A MBT SADF conversion kit | eBay

Search for olifant 1/35 conversion

1 Like

Seeing all these great Centurions sure make me feel like building one as welll… and I do have some in my stash, so I am sure I will join and build one before this campaign is finished… needless to say it will be a 1967 IDF version for my IDF diorama

2 Likes

Thank you for the link - I have to think about it … great idea! :+1:

1 Like

Join us! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :guardsman:

I will, but not yet… haven’t got the room to do to many builds at the same time…

Are you cowardly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You can also go for the Legend resin conversion to a Puma or Nagmashot but these are expensive and hard to find nowadays. If you need reference for the Olifant I have lots of photos

Puma or Nagmashot you can get the whole model…with Oliphant you intrigued me … :thinking:

Correct. Those Legend conversion sets, while superb, cost an arm and a testicle (or two). For the price of a single set you could probably buy all Sho’t based vehicles (Nagmashot, Nagmachon early/late and Puma) in styrene.

3 Likes

@ Piotr: Yep :grinning: or sensible…

@ReluctantRenegade: I had heard of the expression ‘costs an arm and a leg’ but not your variant of it :rofl:

1 Like

Yep - still couldn’t walk away afterwards…

Here’s a budget-friendly Sho’t Meteor conversion:

33188052332_dc8228383e_z

3 Likes